Seventy. I'll See You Later Part. 1

"Oh, no," Scarlett yanked open the door to peer out only to slam it shut just as quickly. "Oh, no no no no."

"Shit," Aidan breathed, pulling me closer to his side.

"You judo flipped The Boss?" Ryan repeated, staring at me with wide eyes.

"I didn't know he was the boss!"

Ryan let out a loud laugh which earned him three smacks. One from Aidan and two from Scarlett.

"Ow- what!? Tell me this is not amazing," he grinned. "You can't make this shit up!"

"We need to get her out of here," Aidan said, his eyes darting around the closet. "Right now."

"The hallway is swarmed," Scarlett shook her head. "She can't walk out this door, and we can't be seen walking out with her. That'll blow the very small chance we have at taking out The Boss out."

Aidan rubbed his temple, shutting his eyes. "Okay, so..."

"So, you guys walk out," Ryan motioned at Aidan and Scarlett. "Demi and I will take a more conventional means."

Aidan glanced at him, raising his eyebrows. "A more conventional means? What does that mean? There's only one way out of this closet."

"Oh, how narrow minded you are," Ryan wagged a finger at him before pointing to the vent above the door.

"You want us to crawl through the vents?" I asked appalled. "Are you joking?"

"It's the only way out," he shrugged. "Look, I was one of the main architects who designed this warehouse. I have every single corner of this building committed to memory, and I know that if we take just the right amount turns in the vent it will lead us directly outside by the dumpsters. We can make a clean escape, and never run the risk of bumping into heavily armed men."

"That's not a bad idea," Scarlett said nodding.

"Are you kidding? It's freaking genius, just like me," he grinned, puffing out his chest.

She rolled her eyes. "I need to stop giving you compliments. Your ego can't handle."

"Enough talking," Aidan grabbed a three shelf utility cart, knocking off the cleaning supplies that rested on top and wheeled it over to the door. "I need a screwdriver."

I watched as Aidan stood on top of the cart, that Ryan held in place, after being handed a power tool to unscrew the nails. When he finally managed to pop the piece of metal off the wall, he climbed down and walked back over to where I stood to take my hands.

"Okay, so you're going to go with Ryan and-"

"Wait a minute," I cut him off. "I know that you think you need to kill your boss, but you don't-"

"Don't worry about that," Aidan quickly dismissed me. "That's not important."

"What do you mean!?" I ripped my hands away from him. "That's murder!"

"Shh!" Scarlett shushed me, although I highly doubted anyone would hear me over the still blaring alarms.

"We've done worse things," Ryan said at the same time, shrugging.