XXI

While Link had been retrieving the Master Sword from the Temple of Time, Ganondorf had stayed sheltered in a small room in the castle. Most of the castle had been destroyed in the meantime, leaving it almost impossible find a suitable place to take a rest. The roof or the floor underneath your feet could collapse any second now, but Ganondorf had managed to find an alright place to recollect his thoughts.

He reviewed everything that had happened so far, and realized that he really didn't have enough courage as Link to take on Zelda. If she could cause this much destruction within a few short minutes, who knows what she could do to a human who tried to oppose her? She could kill them in a thousand different ways, and Ganondorf didn't want that to happen to himself or Link.

But Link didn't fear that as much as Ganondorf did, and Ganondorf was glad he didn't get the Triforce of Courage.

He looked around the small room he was in, noticing shards of glass that dotted the torn apart red carpeting and the once stable curtains had been torn to shreds, laying everywhere in the small room.

Heaving a sigh, he tried to look out the window without actually standing up. Any sudden moves could cause something terrible to happen.

Ganondorf swore he saw a glimpse of green, but assumed it was just a leaf or something. But he was wrong, because all of a sudden Link bursted through the opened windows in a smooth fashion, managing to not cut himself with the sharp glass that remained of the windows.

When Link's feet touched the ground, the flooring beneath them began to shake and Ganondorf quickly stood up from his sitting position.

"Did you find it?" Ganondorf questioned the Hylian man, and Link just nodded as a reply.

Pulling the Master Sword out, it glowed with a brilliant and holy light that almost blinded Ganondorf upon first sight. Luckily, he didn't get blinded, and managed to snag a glance of the fabled sword before Link had bolted into the unstable hallways of the crumbling castle.

The Gerudo leader hastily began to follow him - the boy didn't even know where Zelda was, but Ganondorf had a good idea of where she would be.

Ganondorf caught up with Link, breathing heavily as the Hylian beside him kept running faster and faster.

"Do you even know where you're going?!" Ganondorf exclaimed, dodging a medium sized chunk of the roof that fell down beside him. He watched the roof part plummet into the floor, and that part of the floor collapsed and left a huge hole.

But that inconvenience triggered the rest of the weak flooring to crumble and then ultimately collapse in the end.

Ganondorf was the first one to fall through the flooring, but he swooped his hand upwards and grasped the ledge of a large chunk of wood that had been in the flooring. He began to climb up as quickly as he could, noticing that Link was waiting for him with a very impatient look on his face.

"C'mon! We gotta move before the whole place falls apart!" Link exclaimed, helping Ganondorf up and back onto the level he was on. Then, he began to run in the same direction, dodging the large stones that flew from the walls as they tore down, and the material that was used to create the castle grounds.

"You don't even know where you're going!" Ganondorf yelled back.

"Watch out!" Link warned, and Ganondorf instinctively moved out of the way as a large boulder fell from above.

"I don't know where I'm going, that's true! But I have an idea!" Link screamed back, continuing to run at a quick pace, dodging any boulders or other things that flew at him and Ganondorf.