The Pandorica Opens (pt 3)

When we stepped outside of the TARDIS, I had to stop myself from smiling at the familiar surroundings. This may have been Amy's beginning, but in a way, it was mine, too.

"What is this place, Nova? I'm already here, you might as well tell me." River pulled out her scanner as she walked into the house. It seemed that she was less timid to walk into a place when I was with her, because I most likely wouldn't let her walk into a death trap.

I walked ahead of her and stopped at a place in the hallway, the place with the radiator on the floor the Doctor was handcuffed to so long ago. "This is the exact spot where I met the Doctor for the first time."

River gave a hint of a smile. "Why has it brought us here? Because of you?"

"Never because of me," I walked ahead into the room that I knew to be Amy's, quietly, but briskly. "This is Amy's house, Amy's room. Look around."

River put her scanner in her pocket, and began looking through the contents on Amy's desk. She pulled out one book—a small picture book on Roman's Britain, and handed it to me. She then grabbed another one, a similar style book about Pandora's Box.

"Making sense yet?" I asked sadly.

River took the other book from my hand and quickly walked out, back into the TARDIS, and handed me her communicator/scanning device. "You talk to him."

"What—why?" I asked, staring at the thing in my hand and not knowing what to do with it.

"He trusts you more—just do it, press the button." River said, before going to try and work on the TARDIS again.

I didn't understand her tone, but I did it anyway.

"TARDIS, where is it, hurry up!" The Doctor exclaimed immediately, sounding frustrated.

"Um..." I tried quickly, so thrown off by his shouting that I wasn't sure of what to say at first.

Thankfully, the Doctor changed his tone. "Nova? Is that you?"

"Yes. Listen to me. The TARDIS wouldn't respond to us and left us at Amy's childhood home, and River found these two books, one on Romans and one on Pandora's Box. The Romans can't be real, Doctor. They look exactly like the ones in this picture book."

"Something's using her memories." The Doctor figured, in hushed tones.

"Doctor, I don't think they're using her memories to get to her. I think they're using them to get to you. It's a trap. This can't be real, Doctor. So who are those Romans?" I tried in vain to speed up the process, not exactly knowing what different outcome I was going for in the first place.

"They might think they're real; the perfect disguise. They actually believe their own cover story, right until they're activated." The Doctor answered again.

River held up a picture she found to me, of Amy dressed as a policewoman, and Rory dressed in a plastic version of the exact same Roman costume the Romans at Stonehenge were wearing. "Doctor, Rory..."

"I know. It doesn't make sense."

Suddenly the TARDIS jolted, and smoke arose from the center console. I scrambled to my feet, moving back over to River, trying to help her at least settle it down for a bit, but nothing was working, and the Doctor was shouting at me through the scanner. "Nova? River? Nova! What's happening?!"

"Doctor, something's wrong with the TARDIS—we can't get out, we're stuck in June 26th, 2010!"

"You need to get out of there now! Any other time zone, just go!" The Doctor panicked.