Chapter 5- Just forget the world

Okay sorry for this update taking so long, I was dead. And look somebody is reading this whattttttt xD by the way if you're reading this and don't hate it, hit the likey thingie because I am a thirsty hoe. Have fun, stay hydrated, don't kill anyone, bye for now.

After that, they simply stopped caring what people saw. They held hands in the hallways, spent classes overly close to each other, and Dan was used to Phil calling his name in the halls and running to tackle him in a hug for no reason. Sam and Ryan (Who were way more discreet about their relationship) thought they were adorable.

One day they were walking home from school.

"Hey Philly?" Dan used the teasing nickname he'd picked up sometime.

Phil laughed. "Yeah?"

"Well, you may have noticed that we're pretty much together now..." Phil grinned and elbowed him playfully. "So I was thinking, we've never been on an actual date, so I was wondering if you wanted to sneak out with me and go eat somewhere?"

Phil grinned. "Thats sounds incredibly worth it. So when?"

Dan shrugged, throwing an arm around Phil's shoulders. "I don't know. I already have around forty pounds saved up so I can pay, so I guess on Friday so we won't end up going to school like zombies."

"You don't have to pay for me." Phil put an arm around Dan's waist. Dan was catching up to him in height.

"Course I do."

At school, their short-lived invisibility was lost pretty quickly. Dan got used to being shoved, stepped on and cursed at in the halls, and although Phil never mentioned if anyone gave him crap, Dan got worried. He didn't want anyone hurting Phil.

He started walking Phil to all his classes, without mentioning why. Usually with the excuse "They don't care if I'm late" even though they often asked why he was always rushing in at the last minute. They didn't get as many incidents as when Dan was alone, but one day walking to science, Dan had to duck and pull Phil out of the way of a swinging gym bag.

"What the fuck?" Dan yelled over his head. He had a hand on the back of Phil's head, holding him against his chest instinctively.

"Move." He laughed, moving on. The guy was tall and muscular, and he'd swung his sports bag directly at their heads.

"Fuckhead." Dan muttered. Phil shrugged, linking his hand in Dan's.

"I guess it's going to be like that. They're just idiots." Phil shook his head. Dan couldn't help but feel disappointed, once again, that people like him existed. Phil was older than him, taller than him and perfectly capable but Dan had a protective urge over him, he realized.

"Yeah, don't worry about it. C'mon, you'll be late."

"Where's your boyfriend, fag?" Dan had forgotten his bag in the locker room (hey, Phil had been shirtless, he was bound to forget something) and gone back to get it. Apparently the locker room was where they smoked after school, and that would explain the faint tobacco smell. Now they weren't too happy with the interruption.

"He's out front." Dan said simply, edging by them to grab his shoes and bag. He really could've just left it, but of course he hadn't.

"Fucking disgusting." Dan ignored him, but apparently that wasn't a good idea. "Hey fag, look at me!" Dan didn't.

Somebody shoved him against a locker, and Dan caught himself and kept walking. He'd been bullied before, and he was yet to find a better solution than to just keep walking away. The fugly jock-looking guy grabbed him by the shoulder and spun him around, and Dan finally looked him in the face.

And stomped hard on the bridge of his foot.

Dan took off, knowing he'd hit a nerve bunch and the guy wasn't running anytime soon. His problem was everyone else, but hopefully they'd spend long enough figuring out what happened to let him get out front.

He made it to the front of the school and was dismayed to see Phil was the only one left out there. He grabbed Phil's hand and pulled him after him.

"Might wanna hurry, Phil." Dan warned, glancing back over his shoulder. "Out of sight is out of mind."

"What happened?" Phil asked, leaning to look him over- looking for signs he'd been hit, Dan realized.

"Uh, just some guys that were very unhappy about me being in there. I kinda stepped on one." Dan explained, grinning. "This isn't a bad teen drama, they're not going to chase us probably. But we might wanna get out of the way."

They speed-walked away, trying to look innocent. "Fucking fags" was called after them, but since the guys probably didn't even know how to fight, they left him alone. Dan had figured something out- most guys like that didn't know how to throw a punch anymore than he did. And after learning some basic self-defense stuff- really just the right places to hit- Dan had managed to survive thus far.

When they got home they split in the courtyard, as usual. Dan grinned and pulled Phil behind a tree to kiss him and boop his nose before he let him go, laughing. Phil waved and jogged off.