17

Jasper speeds home, making a checklist in his head of things he wants to get for the hiking trip tomorrow. he wants to impress Amiee, but he doesn't exactly know how. he pulls up into the driveway and runs inside.

"what's the rush?" Emmett asks jasper as he runs up the stairs.

"im taking amiee and Denver out tomorrow and I want it to be perfect" jasper says from his room. The Cullens can hear things being banged around in the room. Carlisle goes up to jaspers room to see what all the commotion is.  he walks through the door into jasper's bedroom, to see a mountain of messy clothes and camping equipment.

"what is all this?" Carlisle asks with a raised eye brow. Jasper walks out of his wardrobe with his hair all over the place.

"things i need for tomorrow" jasper says and Carlisle looks at the pile and picks out a pair of swimming trunks.

"hiking in trunks is not a good idea jasper" Carlisle says with a smile on his face. Suddenly jasper drops to the floor clutching his heart.

"I need to go" jasper says clenching his teeth, he jumps up hand still on his heart.

"what's wrong?" Carlisle asks rushing over to jasper who can barely stand due to the ache and pain running through him. Its stronger than any emotion he has ever felt before, he knows its amiee.

"something is wrong with amiee" jasper says trying to steady himself on the dresser. He tries to grab his phone out of his pocket but the pain is unbearable. Carlisle grabs the phone and dials Amiee. He puts the call on speaker and places it on the dresser next to where jasper is holding himself up.

It rings several times before a heavy breath and wheezing take over the ringing.

"hello?" A hoarse voice says.

"amiee are you okay?" Jasper says urgently down the phone. A small cry can be heard down the phone with amiee trying to steady he breath.

"I'm okay" she says shakily. Jasper knows its a lie he's not going to stop untill she is okay.

"dont lie to me do you want me to come over? we dont have to go hiking tomorrow, we can watch a movie instead something more casual?" Jasper pleads with her.

"that would be nice" amiee says still muffled and crying.

"please tell me what's wrong" jasper pleads with her more.

"I just had a bad dream, I'm just being silly" she says, jasper can hear the sorrow and sadness behind her voice.

"I can come over and calm you down, if you would like" jasper asks politely.

"ill be fine jasper, please dont worry" amiee says with a little bit of hope in her voice.

"please amiee, I'm here for you, if you need me you can call me. When do you want me to pick you up?" Jasper says with love and care in his voice making the pain in his chest ease.

"is nine good for you?" Amiee says no longer crying.

"nine is fine darlin' ill see you soon" jasper says putting on his southern twang.

"see ya" she says and hangs up but jasper could tell she had a faint smile behind her words. Jasper lets his brow fall on his hand as he thinks about everything that has just been said.

"are you okay Jas" Alice says from behind the door.

"I'm fine Alice" jasper says just wanting to be left alone he can still feel the pain.

"jasper I saw something" before Alice could finish her sentence she was dragged into the room.

"what is it Alice, is amiee okay? What about Denver?"

"they're both fine, its more to do with Edward and bella, their futures are really fuzzy I cant really see anything to do with them" Alice confesses.

"I'm sure its nothing, you shouldn't worry, they should be back if a few weeks" jasper says putting a hand on Alice's back to comfort her.

"you're right, how is amiee?" Alice asks knowing her best friend is now happy.

"she's upset and I don't know why" he says looking down at the floor hand still on his heart.

"she's not as strong as you think she is, I've seen it" Alice says

"why what did you see?" Jasper asks with urgency in his voice.

"I was swamped with amiee's memories, and her in a meadow crying, it wasn't like anything I had seen before" jasper just looks down trying to make sense of what he just found out. "you need to be there for her, I know that much" Alice says.

"can I say something?" Emmett says from the open door. Jasper nods at him and he continues "the father of her son was killed in front of her, maybe she's still grieving, or at least still shook up about it?"

Jasper looks at emmett and stands up, "I'm not sure maybe we could ask her friends?"

"Ask us what?" They hear from downstairs. They speed off into the living room to see George and Jeremy holding stacks of books and illiana and Emilia are looking through a few with Carlisle at the table.

"Where's Alex?" Emmett asks.

"Gone to see amiee" Emilia says not looking up from the book.

"Why would he do that? she will be asleep?" Jasper says with a confused look on his face.

"Amiee doesn't do too well on her own at night, he goes so she can talk to him" Jeremy explains putting the books down by table.

"I didn't know, I wouldn't have left if I would have known" jasper says feeling guilt wash over him.

"Not your fault pal, amiee is like" Jeremy doesn't finish his sentence and thinks.

"Pandoras box?" George asks tightening the pitch as he says it.

"Yes!" Jeremy exclaims "beautiful and magical, but with hidden dark secrets that are near impossible to unlock"

"Now, now boys she's not that bad" illiana says.

"She's the reason why Alex is a ghost remember?" Emilia says.

"Not her fault he stood too close, he tried to save her when she didn't need saving she had it all under control!" Jeremy says with harsh words.

"What happed?" Emmett asks.

"The girls where getting hunted by some demons, and amiee faught them off, Alex was a witch and got too close to her to try and help her and poof Alex is a ghost." Jeremy explains

"So witches turn into ghosts when they are killed?" Carlisle asks.

"No, Alex is a ghost because he has unfinished business" Emilia explains.

"I thought witches can't be killed" rosalie says from her seat.

"We can't by you, only by each other" illiana explains.

"so demons exist too?" Emmett says and everyone laughs.