Ch. 10

*I really like this song*

Chapter 10

Angelo.

"Jake" I gasped for breath, using the name he asked me to call him by. "Slow down" I tried.

He didn't even hear me like I hoped and just kept going on, dragging me along with him. We had been to every faculty or department there is on campus. He took me to all the spots where students met up either for discussions or just to hang out. I didn't even know there could be a club on campus. The place was just....wow!

"Oomf" I grumbled when I bumped into Jake's back making him stumble a bit before catching his ground. He just stood there, staring ahead with a wide grin on his face.

"What?" I asked as I followed his eyes.

It looked like a normal place to me. A few benches, a neatly mowed lawn and hell! Lots of trees.

"This is the lovers' grove" he explained. "You know, when you want to get away with your partner for some quiet".

"If it's the lovers grove, why would people come here when they want some quiet, cause a whole bunch of people would be here or?"

"Not as much as you would think" he smirked, leading me along underneath the canopy of trees.

"Why do you say that?"

"Not many come here cause they think someone else would be here when they get here. The few who do don't stay for long".

We sat down on one of the benches at the far end, towards a cliff but I didn't dare look. I hate cliffs.

"You seem to know a lot about this place. Come here often?" I asked, a smirk on my face.

He chuckled. "As a matter of fact, I do"

Maybe I was out of my mind, but my heart sunk when he told me that. It was as though I was jealous that he had someone to come here with.

"Don't look at me like that. It's not as fun as you would think" he said, rolling his eyes.

"Really? You're telling me that you come to the lovers grove with your partner all the time but it's not fun?" Now it was my turn to roll my eyes.

"I don't wanna talk about it" he grumbled.

I was going to ask why, you know, probe him further just to get more details but he cut me off before the words even left my mouth.

"Wanna see something?" He was enthusiastic. Which was quite surprising because just a minute ago, he looked like he was going to kill me and then cry about it but now he was smiling widely as if he just had the greatest idea in the world.

Okay I don't trust this boy.

"Um sure?" I said but ended up asking.

He grabbed my hand and started running off to the cliff. What the hell.

He stopped abruptly at the edge. Oh no. He wasn't going to jump was he? What was down there?

"Come on Angelo" he cheered.

"Um what are you doing?" I asked as he begun to take his shirt off.

"Don't tell me you're afraid of heights" he chuckled as he went on to take off his shoes.

I could only shake my head. Honestly, it wasn't the height of the cliff that scared me, it was rather my experience with them. Fuck. I wasn't going to let all that out when I was finally going to get over it. I was still trying but...