Magical Rain

You wake up to the sound of thunder. The room flashes with light as a bolt of lightning strikes outside. You can hear just how heavy it is raining outside.

"The great all mighty Zeus must be mad." The guy laying next to you, your husband, whispered.

"That," you whispered back. "Or it's just that Mother Nature is having a really bad day."

The bed shifted as your husband got closer to you. He wrapped his arms around you and pulled you into a hug.

"Mikleo.." You started to say.

"Sshh Y/N." Mikleo smiled. "Let's enjoy this moment while we still can."

You smiled and leaned back against him, savouring the warmth he provided. As another bolt of lifting hit outside, you started to count.

One Mississippi

Two Mississippi

Three Mississippi

Then there was the loud bang as thunder struck.

"Mommy!" Yelled a small child's voice.

"Well, at least he's getting better at sleeping through it a bit." Mikleo sighed as he let go of you so you could get up.

You got out of the bed and walked out of your room. You walked down the hallway a bit until you stopped in front of a closed door. You opened it.

"What is it bud?" You said calmly as you walked into the child's room.

"I'm scared." Cried the little kid. You walked over to the edge of his bed and sat on it. You leaned forward to pick up the small boy. You held him in your lap as you rubbed his back.

"Zenrus," you began to ask. "How old are you again?" There was another sound of thunder as the child whimpered and leaned into you.

"F-five mommy." Zenrus said. You hugged him tighter.

"When I was five Zenrus, I wasn't afraid of storms." You got up, holding your child. You walked over to the window that was in his room, and opened the curtain up. You looked out of the window, watching the rain pour down it. The little kid shifted, trying to get a better look out of the window.

"Mommy," Zenrus began. "How does it rain and thunder?"

"Well Zen," you smiled. "The clouds up above get sad from time to time. When they are sad, that's when they start to rain on us."

"What about the thunder mommy?" Zenrus asked.

"That my son, is just the angels bowling."

There was another strike of lightning as the room lit up. Zenrus screamed as he leaned against you, trying to hide himself. You patted his back and started to bounce from side to side.

"Rain rain," you started to softly sing. "Go away. Come again some other day. Rain rain, beautiful rain, please go away." You repeated these two lines over and over again, singing to try to calm your son down.

What you didn't know, was that Mikleo was standing in the door way of your sons room, smiling.

"You have a beautiful voice, Y/N." Mikleo said from behind. You turned to see your husband leaning against the door frame. He then leaned forward and started to walk towards you.

"You really think so?" You blushed and smiled as Mikleo stopped right in front of you.

"Oh I know so." Mikleo said as he leaned down towards you and planted a soft kiss on your lips.

"Daddy." Cried the little boy.

"What's the matter son?" Mikleo asked as he carefully took Zenrus out of your arms and held him in his. Mikleo pressed Zenrus's head gently against his chest as he held him.

"I don't like storms." Zenrus cried. Mikleo started to rub the kids head. You then placed your left hand against your sons back sand started to rub it.

"Hey Zen," Mikleo whispered. The little boy lifted his head off of his fathers chest.  "Watch this."

Mikleo stoped rubbing the child's head as he held his right arm out towards the window.

"Mikleo," you questioned. "What are you doing?"

"Just look at the window and watch." Mikleo smiled.

Slowly, something started to form on the window. The rain was starting to make a picture. You looked over at your son, whose eyes were twinkling with joy.

"Dad's doing a magic trick!" Zenrus whooped. You smiled as you decided it would be best for you to hold onto your child while Mikleo was performing his art.

Once the child was out of his arms and in yours, the picture that was forming on the window from the rain was finished. It was a dinosaur.

The little boy gasped as Mikleo still held out his arm. Once he dropped it, the picture vanished. Mikleo turned towards you and smiled. He took a couple of steps before you and your son were pulled into a tight hug.

"I only show my magic to those who I love most." Mikleo whispered. He stopped hugging you and Zenrus. You looked down to realize that your son was starting to fall asleep. You smiled as you walked over to his bed and put him in it. You pulled the covers over your son and kissed his head.

"Night my little Shepard." You smiled. You turned around and walked over to Mikleo. He was smiling very deviously.

"What's that smile for?" You asked. Before you knew it, you were being cradled in Mikleo's arms. He started to carry you back towards your guys room.

"This is the reason, my love." He said. You smiled at him and placed your arms around the back of his neck.

When the two of you got back to your room, Mikleo stopped. He lifted you up even more as he bent his head down towards yours. He rested his forehead against yours.

"Your such a great mother Y/N." he whispered to you. You moved your head so that you could kiss your husband. Then you smiled at him.

"And your a great father, Mikleo."

He walked you over to your side of the bed and laid you down. He then walked over to his side and got in.

The bed shifted as Mikleo got closer to you. He wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you back towards him. You turned so that you could face him. He smiled as he started to softly kiss your lips.

"I love you Y/N." Mikleo smiled.

"Love you too Mi-bo." You smiled back as you kissed him again.