(4) Warrior Division

It had been a couple weeks since Alexa found her mate. His name was Andrew Vale, and he was indeed the future Alpha. Sasha was worried for me at first, but eventually I managed to keep her from asking.

Alexa and I almost never hung out anymore. She would always stay with Andrew, making cutest faces and cuddling. All the while I would either stay locked up in my room reading or out on the practice field training. The field was huge. There were so many dummies torn to shreds and practice weapons and targets and skill building activities and and and. It was amazing. When I first came here, I wasn't sure what to do. There were so many things it was overwhelming. Now, I know exactly what I needed to practice on for certain skills.

I changed into my workout gear, which consisted of shorts, sneakers and a loose tank top, and headed out to the field. When I arrived, I picked the dummies to start my practice on. There were huge torsos with only heads, and new wolf ones that looked frozen in jumping position. They were meant mostly to practice impact and different skills like punches and kicks. They were an ideal place for me to take out my anger.

I made my way over to a human dummy and quickly got into stance. One, two, kick. One, two, kick. I repeatedly jabbed the sides of my plastic opponent with quick attacks that I had learned my second week of training. They were the perfect skills to accomplish my goal of feeling better.

After a couple reps, my senses started tingling. Every time I had been practicing here this week, I could sense someone was watching me. It wasn't a Rouge, but it wasn't one of my fellow trainers either. I glanced around quickly, spotting a few suspicious looking characters before moving to a different part of the field for more practice. I picked out the pull-up bar from the mass of training instruments surrounding the open fighting area, and crossed to it. No one had moved to follow me yet, so I hoisted myself up and started doing reps again.

One, two, three... my senses tingled again. Four, five, six... the same suspects were in sight again. Seven, eight, nine... I jumped off the bar, brushing off my hands. I quickly bolted to a hiding spot to confuse my pursuers. What did they want from me? Had they found out I was an escaped Omega?

I peeked out from where I crouched. Three people dressed in track gear and sunglasses were looking around confusedly. I had to see what they were up to. A tree branch was on the ground near me, the perfect size to be an intimidating weapon. I snagged it quietly before carefully creeping out from my hiding spot. As soon as I was in close range of the nearest one to me, I pounced.

"GAAAAAH!!!" He struggled a little bit, but I eventually got him into a headlock with the branch. "STOP STOP WHAT?!?"

"Who are you and why have you been following me? Don't even try to deny it. I've seen you." The man tensed quickly, then relaxed in my grip. He must have realized he'd been caught. "Answer me!"

"Only if you let me go first. I'm a high ranking warrior, attacking me is a bad idea." I humphed, but let go. I figured he must have been who he said he was, and keeping him in this position wouldn't do me any good with whatever he was here for. "Thank you. Now, you are Raven, correct? Raven Brown?"

"Um... yeah. Why?"

"Well, Ms. Brown, as you know we have been watching you for the past week. We have been paying attention to what skill you practice and how well your senses have developed. Luna Vale sent us to watch you." I must have looked confused, because he continued. "We have been especially impressed with your practicing of all levels of skills, and your relentless spirit to conquer them."

"Ok... what does that mean then?"

"Raven Brown, you have been selected for service in the ranks of Shooting Star Pack's Warrior Division. Starting today, you will be on call for special assignments. Full details will be given you later this evening." He pulled a slip of paper out of his pocket and tucked it into the palm of my hand. "This is your first assignment. Sasha Xander is the head of this unit, so you will meet her in the dining hall tomorrow before breakfast." With that, he left. His fellow warrior friends went with him, and I was left among the crowd.

After I went back to my room and took a log hot shower, I did what I normally did. The book I was reading was called "The Shack." It was about this family that goes on vacation, and the little girl goes missing. It was a really good book, but I couldn't keep my focus. Curiosity about the paper with my assignment on it crept all across my body and made it impossible for me to read my book in peace.

Finally, it got the better of me. I put my bookmark in it's spot and laid the book on my nightstand. Then, I turned to the paper laying by my side on the mattress. It stared up at me, looming with the promise of excitement. I snatched it up, unfolding it to read what it said.

Raven Brown, first class Warrior Division.
Assigned to Sector C, Subdivision 6.
Provide necessary aid to neighboring pack.
Full Details upon arrival.

I smiled at the writing on the page. My luck was starting to turn for the better again. I would be able to get away from mates and sadness for a while and help out a neighboring pack. I could hardly contain my joy at being selected for such an amazing position. I quickly put the paper by my bedside and clicked off the lamp, tucking under the covers and eagerly going to sleep to get enough rest for the next day's activities. I knew it was going to be amazing.

HELLO EVERYONE!!!
I'm so so sorry I've taken so long to update. School and stress have been killing me!!! I hope to have another update out by the end of the week. Thank you so so much for reading!!! 💗
~Cassmafrass💗💓💗