Chapter 98

AN: Part two of this chapter will come soon! I also just want to thank you guys for 13K views, I cannot even believe that so many of you people around reading my story! Thank you and enjoy the start of Chiara's summer!

It's been a few days since I got home for Christmas break and already I've settled into my room, just lounging around on my bed, eating the gifts my friends have gotten me.

"Chiara, Mum would like me to scold you for leaving your trunk in the living room and not emptying it out into your laundry basket." Everliah says.

"Okay ... then scold me."

"Yeah, I'm not in the mood. Just quit being stubborn and do it." She mumbles annoyedly, leaving my room without another word.

"Alright!" I call back to her from across the hall.

I pull out my wand, about to do it magically, though someone snatches my wand. I turn around, only to find Violet behind me, gripping my wand tightly with a stern look upon her face.

I smile mischievously. "Hello Violet, how wonderful to find you lurking in my dwelling."

"Doesn't your mother hide this from you during summer and winter break?" Violet taps her foot against the floor repeatedly waiting for a response.

"Nope. Not mine. No." I lie.

"Right ... so you wouldn't mind if I told her about this conversation we've just had?" She knows the answer, she just wants ME to tell her.

"I- You- Don't tell her!" I beg.

"Maybe I will and maybe I won't." She smirks.

"I will blow you with the leaf blower!" I threaten her with the nearest thing in sight. Both of our sets of eyes glance down simultaneously at the leaf blower.

"Not if I blow you first!" She snatches the machine and turns it on.

I try to run, though, she's already blown me with it. I decide to turn around and try to grab it from her. Mum walks into the scene and stares wide-eyed at the two of us.

Violet finally realizes that Mum is watching and taps my shoulder. I turn off the machine and turn to look at her and I try to think of something to say. "We were just- discussing the Middle East." I blurt out.

"Oh, is that so?"

"Yup. Completely. I can vouch for Chiara. Just discussing the Middle East, nothing more." I smile widely.

Mum smiles and says, "Alright ... carry on." She switches on the machine and giggles as she walks away.

"Your mum is pretty cool." Violet smiles. "I mean, she's okay with your weirdness."

I turn around, completely offended by her comment. "Excuse you! It's OUR weirdness." I correct her. "What are you even doing here?"

"Your door was open, I was going to ask you if you wanted to go skiing with me ... then I saw what you were going to do and- one thing led to another." She motions to the leaf blower.

"I don't ski. But- I know what I do do." I grin.

"What?"

"Blindfold on!" I pull a blindfold out from my jeans pocket and tie it around her head.

"Do you just carry those around? Is that a thing now?"