Chapter Five

"What do you mean?" Asami asked Bolin, tilting her head to the side.

Bolin took another bite of his noodles and continued to chew, leaving us completely anxious and annoyed.

I pounded my fist on the table, causing everyone in the cafeteria to glance at our direction. Some looked away after a short period and some continued to look and murmur in the process.

Bolin, on the other hand, continued to chew for one more minute, before swallowing and clearing his throat.

He placed his elbows on the table again and spoke. "Okay ladies, here's the deal." He paused.

"I'm gonna help you get my brother."

Asami turned to me and gleamed with happiness, but before she could get up and start jumping, I waved my index finger in front of her, causing her to halt.

I turned to Bolin and glared at him. "What's the catch?"

Bolin smiled cunningly and tilted his head to the side. "Well I'm glad you asked!" He exclaimed exaggeratedly.

"See... I want you to go out with me." Bolin stated bluntly.

"You do know Asami's interested in your brother, right?" I asked.

"I meant you." He paused. "I want you to go out with me, Korra."

It took a while for me to process what I heard. I mean, usually it was Asami that was always getting asked out and I was just the girl that hanged out with her. Whenever anyone had interest in me, it would just be a tactic for them to get to Asami.

"Huh?" I blurted.

Bolin gave me a heart-warming smile. A confusion inducing  smile, I have seen several times on his face since I've met him. But this time, it was different.

Before I could do anything else, Asami dragged me from my seat and into a corner that was away from Bolin's range.

When I looked at her, she had the most ecstatic look on her that made her smile reach to her eyes. A hint of red, painted her cheeks. It was like the exact copy of the smiley emoji.

"Don't you dare give me that look!" I snarled.

"Oh C'mon, Korra!" She exclaimed. "I can tell he really likes you. Give him a chance." She pleaded.

Remember when I told you Asami was a terrible judge of character? This moment proves that! There is absolutely no way that I am gonna give him a chance. Not in a million years! Not if he's the only man left on this planet! Never!

I wasn't gonna let anyone enter my heart just to break it. Not again.

I glared at Asami, making it extremely obvious that I was not interested at all. She saw how serious I was and threw her hands up in the air as a sign of surrender.

"Fine." She paused. "But I don't think he's gonna take no for an answer." 

As much as I hated to agree with Asami in this moment, she was right. The moment I decline his offer, he is no doubt, going to spread the news to other people. Eventually, it's gonna reach the whole school. The last thing I needed was the attention of the 3000 students in our school. 

I slouched in defeat and grunted inwardly. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, It did. 

feeling utterly defeated, I walked back over to the table, where Bolin sat patiently. I stood in front of him across the wooden square table, right beside Asami.

"I'll only agree, if you promise not to tell anyone else, including Mako." I stated.

"Deal." He stated confidently. His smile widened even more. At first glance, you would think it was one of those smiles that were totally innocent. But I couldn't help seeing that dark glint in his eyes. I kept on wondering why I could see it, when it seemed that no one else can. Maybe I am just overthinking.