Chapter 13

To: Daddy 💞
Can you pick me up :(

From: Daddy 💞
Did something happen angel?

To: Daddy 💞
I'll tell you when I see you okay?

From: Daddy 💞
Hang on. Be there in 5

Ryan

Adam texted me early Saturday morning and he seemed upset. I quickly got dressed and drove over.

Adam came running out, tears streaming down his face. I jumped out of my car and he threw himself into my chest.

"What's the matter baby?" I asked worriedly.

"My mom." I rolled my eyes. "She said you're not allowed over anymore. That something happened between you two."

He lifted his face up and I saw nothing but sadness in his eyes. "Come on baby. I think I have a plan."

We climbed into the car and drove to my house. I carried him inside and say at the dining room table.

"Hey mom. I want you to meet someone. It's long overdue." My mom appeared from the kitchen, her apron on and the smell of cookies following her. "You must be Adam! I've heard so much about you!"

She engulfed him in a hug and he clung to her and started to cry.

"Honey what's wrong?" She seemed as concerned as I was.

Adam started from the beginning and told the whole story.

"You poor thing! I can understand the feelings of confusion your mama must have but that doesn't give her the right to undermine your choices and your relationship."

Adam nodded sadly. "I think you should leave home baby. It's not good for your mental health to stay in that house."

"I don't have anywhere to go." Adam said. "And no job to pay for anything."

"I think you should stay here with us." My mom said, shocking us both. I had just been thinking the same thing.

He must've felt my mega smile because he turned around and hugged me.

"Can I really stay here Ryan?" He asked timidly.
"Yes please baby. My ma's right it's not good for you at that other house."

"Separate rooms though Ryan. We can turn the spare room into Adams room."

I shrugged. "That's more than fair. As long as my baby's safe and happy."

"When do you wanna move in?" She asked.

"Does today work? I want to be out of there as soon as possible. Me and Ry can go get my stuff and then come back. Shouldn't take too long."

We all agreed and Adam and I jumped back in the car to go collect his stuff.

His mom didn't put up much of a fight which made me sad. I could tell it had an effect on Adam.

We packed all his stuff and Adam made sure I was extra careful with his stuffies and blankies, which I thought was adorable. It didn't take too long, about two hours and we were finished.

I hauled it all back to my place. "You okay?" I asked on the drive back.

"I thought she was gonna fight for me. I'm her child Ryan. Her flesh and blood. And apparently she's happy to see me go. Am I that much of an atrocity?"

The tears pooled in his eyes and I could see he was trying to fight it.

"Absolutely not. You're wonderful Adam. It's an honor to know you. You make me happier and make everyone's lives better. I love you so much."

We pulled up to my house and my mom came rushing out. David trailed behind her looking glum. She hugged Adam against her chest and rocked him back and forth.

"Davids mean to me ma'am." I heard him whisper in her ear.

"Don't worry honey I already warned him. If he steps one toe out of line he'll be in big trouble. And he knows what that means."

He smiled then and my mom kissed his head. "Let's get this unpacked okay sweet boy?"

We all started bringing things into Adams new room. There was stuff everywhere so until it got unpacked Adam had permission to sleep in my bed with me.

I tucked him into my bed after lunch, due to his almost constant yawning. "Baby boy I'll lay down with you okay?"

He nodded, eyes closed, blankie clutched in his arm. I pulled Adam on top of me and softly scratched his back how he liked.

"Ni ni daddy. Me loves you."
"I love you too my little prince."