Chapter Twenty-Eight

      “It’ll be fine Aid,” I reassured him, as we walked up to the skate park. Why we were doing something as drama filled as this on Logan’s turf, I had not the slightest idea. I think that a neutral place, like school, would’ve been a much better backdrop for what was going to go down, but Aiden insisted. 

      “How do you know?” he asked, fear apparent in his tone.

      “I just do; he might not understand, or forgive you, but at least he’ll know,” I said, trying to be encouraging.

      “Gee, thanks Jules, that’s so not helpful,” he said sarcastically.

      “Welcome!” We continued walking, until we came to a metal fence. These fences always remind me of jail; they’re not barbed wire, but something about them gives me that same punitive, no escape vibe.

      “He’s over there,” Aiden said, pointing over to a boy.

      “Logan!” I shouted, waving at him. He smiled, brushing his dark hair off his face before jogging over to us.

      “Hey,” he said politely to me, before sending a frozen glare to Aiden.

      “H-hi,” Aiden said shakily, “we need to-to talk.”

      “About what?” Logan asked, not expecting the information that Aiden was about to rely to him.

      “Katrina cheated on you with me,” Aiden said quickly, as if spitting up the words. Wow. I didn’t think he actually had the balls to do that… I don’t think I’d have the balls to do that.

      “What?” Logan said.

      “Katrina kissed me, and I’m the reason she dumped you,” Aiden said, holding his stance, and trying to conjure up some level of confidence in his voice.

      “You’re the fucking reason Katrina broke up with me?” Logan raged, about to lunge at Aiden.

      “Yeah, I’m sorry bro, I really am, it’s the past, what’s done is done, I’m just so sorry!” Aiden rambled.

      “Jules, can I talk this douche alone please?” Logan requested. Aiden gave me an anxious expression, to which I returned a sympathetic one. I nodded, and went over to rough concrete half-pipe. Half-pipes look like smiley faces to me; the way they curve up into a U and all.

      I went to the middle of it, and yelled, “Cody! Help me up!”

      “Why?” he whined from the top.

      “Because I want to get up there, so get off your preppy ass, and help me get the fuck up there!” I shouted. He sighed, and moved from the place he had been sitting to the edge, so his legs dangled off.

      “Come on Jules! You can climb up!” he prompted. I sighed, as I ascended up the side, lifting myself up, without the help of a certain blonde boy. After I was up, I sat down comfortably next to Cody, who was texting.

      “Girlfriend?” I asked, placing my elbow on his shoulder.

      “Yeah,” he said, shoving his phone into his front pocket. He shrugged off my elbow, and shifted his position.

      “So, what do you think Logan’s gonna do?” I asked, looking around.

      “I think he’s either going to get stoned or drunk,” he said.