Chapter 34: The End

Chapter 34
The End

Several months of dating, and now, here we are, still dating. There were no dull moments, only the happy ones. There were arguments here and there, but those were just obstacles. Dale has surprised me a lot of times. Never would have I thought that my senior year, my last year of being a high school student, would be interesting enough. Never would I have thought that Dale would be my boyfriend when I first met him. Well, I did fantasize about him, did imagine to hold and kiss him whenever and wherever I wanted, but I never imagined that these imaginations, or dreams, whatever you call it, would come true.

In fact, it surprised me that I don't want to go to college anymore. But my parents will kill me.

Graduation day is approaching fast. Which means college is just about the corner. Going to college, or university, is inevitable. Dale and I haven't talked about it yet and it seems like neither one of us wants to. I could be choosing college, and he could be going into a university. Long distance relationship will be kind of hard. Well, it's going to be hard. He will be busy, and I will, too. The last thing I want to happen is for us to lose connection, or to lose touch with each other. Though we're not being vocal about it, we both want the same thing – we want to see, feel, and touch each other every hour, every minute, every second of the day. Graduation is just a month away, and college is just...

"Hi," someone whispers in my ear and an arm snakes around my waist, pulling me closer. The warmth, the touch, the feeling, I know that it's him, my boyfriend. Touching, feeling each other every time does that to us – we know the presence, the feel, the sound of each other. I tip my head up and Dale is there, smiling brightly at me, so bright that it could light up my world for a month or so. "How are you doing today?"

We haven't seen each other for a day; his grandparents visited him and his parents so Dale had to say with them. We sent text messages with each other every time, letting what the other person was doing. But to be honest, it wasn't enough. I missed him. I missed him so much. I pout at him like a kid. He leans down and gives me a kiss on lips. I'm not satisfied. Though it's just a quick kiss, it's enough to leave my lips tingling and hot. "I missed you. You have no idea how much I missed you."

"I missed you, too," he says to me, taking a seat beside me. We're inside the cafeteria – Derek and the others have yet to come. "So how's your day going?"

"Chaotic," I mutter under my breath, rolling my eyes when I remember a teacher scolding me for not doing my assignment. She was evil. "But now that you're here, my day has become better." Not seeing him, him not being around me, it's like I was in a dark room. It's like I was blind. Dale was all I could think of. Dale is all I can think of. And whenever he's around me, I feel light, calm, and I can easily breathe. I can easily get through the day. When I'm with him, it's like my problems don't exist. It's like college and universities and life choices don't exist whenever he's around me, holding me, kissing me as if the world will end soon. "Seriously you need to be around me or be with me every single day."

"I would if I could," he murmurs, his lips touching my temple. His tone is sincere, and almost sad. Being apart from each other, it's kind of annoying us.

Smiling, I tip my head up and kiss his firm jaw, wrapping my arms around his waist. "Of course you would."

I don't know what the future has in store for us. I know that he's been dreaming of going into a university. We haven't really talked about it, but it's inevitable. Long distance relationship will be hard. I don't even know if I could manage it. All I know is that it has a lot of cons and less pros. If he chooses to be miles away from me, then I would have to suck it up and respect his decision.