»part 20 » not-so prince charming

I have a date.

An actual date.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is not a drill. Cash fucking Monaco has a date with a real fucking boy. Not just any boy. No, this boy is special. This boy is everything you could ever want wrapped into one. He's sweet. He's thoughtful. He's generous. He's a fucking unicorn. This boy makes me want to sing at the top of my lungs. He makes me want it shout from the roof top. This boy makes me feel like I'm not complete and utter shit. This boy sees me. The real me. The me that I so desperately want to be.

I have a date with fucking Ty Rose.

The boy who makes colorful art in my black and grey heart.

After our therapy session in the park, Ty took my hand and asked if he could take me out to dinner. He fucking asked. He didn't demand. He didn't suggest. He asked. Like a fucking gentleman.

I could have died right then and there if he wasn't holding my hand like a prince.

I've never been on a real date before. Bobby always thought "date night" consisted of us grabbing takeout from the nearest burger joint and binge watching NCIS all night until we fell asleep. Don't get me wrong, I love NCIS as much as the next deranged girl, but after a while it turns your brain to mush. Kind of like my heart.

And Lip...well Lip and I never got to that. But I'm sure it would have ended with us at each other's throats with a butter knife. Yeah, not a pretty visual.

I'm not materialistic whatsoever. I mean, I sleep on couches every night, come on.

I'm just saying, after being treated like dirt for so many years, it feels nice to be cherished for once.

And was I about to be cherished by the guy of my dreams.

I couldn't contain my excitement. I practically wanted to jump for joy once we separated. I literally felt like the giddiest girl in the world. It was like Christmas to me. I didn't know why I was feeling like this. I only knew Ty for a week but maybe that's why it was so exciting. There was still so much to learn about each other that it was like a fresh start. Shit, did I ever need one of those.

I had to tell someone. I needed to tell someone.

The Gallagher's.

My mind was moving like a hamster on a wheel as I ran towards the house that I called my home.

It's almost been a week since the Lip incident. A week since the Karen incident. A week since the addict incident.

I've gotten over it. At least that's what I tell myself.

I don't really talk to Lip much anymore. It's kind of like we're back to our regular selves. Avoiding each other at all costs except for our snarky comments. It's like nothing every changed. Except now we know what each other looks like naked. And now we know what it's like to be in the other's heart. Fucking scary.