Love Is...

"Love is..." I explored my brain to find the most suitable word in my mind dictionary that would fit in the definition I was trying to say; the definition that could make the jerk, sitting opposite me with a smirk on his face, believe in 'love'.

"Bullsh*t?" He offered with a huge arrogant smirk on his face and no matter how much I agreed with him on this particular matter, I couldn't agree and instead of nodding my head in agreement, I scowled at him. His smirk grew bigger and he leaned away from me, gazing at me with his piercing grey eyes. "Finding it hard to make me believe in love when you yourself don't believe in that sh*t, huh?"

With his piercing grey gaze fixed on my every move, I realized that 'being the devil's cupid' was going to be a lot tougher than I had eventually thought.

***

Everybody knew that nobody could write the 'The Love Column' of 'We are the Divas', a well known magazine, better than me, Liana Moore, as I was so madly in love with my 'oh-so-perfect-boyfriend' of six years. Well, that was until he impregnated a hooker.

Bound by the contract, I had no other option but to continue writing 'The Love Column' even though I despised love and anything related to a heart, other than a heart attack that I wished my ex-boyfriend would get.

Even then, everything was just fine. Well, that was until, as a part of my next month's article I had to make my boss's son fall in love with someone and act as his cupid.

Ashton Parker was a name people used as a metaphor for 'good for nothing'. Being rich, handsome, a player and a pervert had done nothing good for him and in return, he had done nothing good for himself or anyone else. He is, as I call him a 'Devil'. And, why not? After all the article is titled, 'Being the Devil's Cupid'. There is absolutely nothing common between us, other than the fact that both of us don't believe in love.

So how could I make him believe in something I myself despise? How in the world could two people who didn't believe in love, end up making the other believe in what they both preferred calling as 'sh*t'?

But, whatever it might be, I had to be the devil's cupid!