5.

Dedicated to @autumn_spring32
Thank you XO.

M A T H E W

Papers, that's all I can see. It's Thursday morning and I have just gotten out from a meeting and I have a ton of paperwork to sign.

I sighed and decided to take a break and go through the social media. I opened twitter and looked through the news and articles that they wrote about me and most of them are bullshït. They think I have a secret girlfriend, where do they get these ideas from?! Now, my stepmom will call and ask about it and I really don't wanna deal with her.

I threw the phone on the desk and leaned back on my chair and closed my eyes. It has been a long morning, I could use a nap.

Suddenly, the door burst open and I sit up straight.

"Max, How many times did I tell you to knock?!" I asked.

"Is that how you treat your cousin?" He smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"How are you doing?mate" he asked in a fake British accent.

"You know it was only two days trip, right?!" I smirked at him, I was referring to his business trip to London three days ago.

"I'm a smart person, I caught the accent quickly" he replied and I shook my head slightly.

Max Fox is one of my relatives and closest friends. We have been friends ever since we were toddlers. He owns his own company that sells cars and motorcycles. He is quite the womaniser, he never settles down. Despite being a womaniser, he is a gentleman and that's probably why girls fall head over heels from him.

"How's the new cook doing?" He asked, I've told him about Christine as soon as she accepted the job.

"She's great, really bea- talented" I cleared my throat and Max smirked at me.

"Talented huh?" He said with a smug look on his face.

"Yeah" I said.

"So...Are you still going to Bora Bora?" Max asked, we planned to take a few days off and go there but it seems like I can't go.

"I still have ton of stuff to do, I may not go" I answered and he frowned.

"You always say that, but you just don't want to go" It's true I do avoid holidays and vacations but I wasn't making any excuses this time.

"This time I'm not  making any excuses, can't you see the paperwork?" I asked and he rolled his eyes.

" So....what?" He raised an eyebrow.

"You know I can't leave it undone" I sighed.

I can't leave things undone no matter what and especially if it is relating to work.

"Take a break, man" He said and I nodded.

After a while, he left the office and I went back to signing these paperwork.

■■■

Ryan was driving me back to my house. He has said that he would drive Christine to my house later tonight as she has to go back home to check on something.

When I first saw the diner, I hesitated. I didn't know if I should come in or not but I saw movement inside and despite the 'closed' sign I walked in.

At first, Christine's face wasn't really clear to see since most of the lights were off but I didn't really care at that time because I was starving. But when her face came into my view, I was stunned by her simplicity and her beautiful smile and her big brown eyes. I have never seen anything like her eyes before. It was filled with sparkles despite the fact that she was tired and it was late at night.

Don't even get me started on her food!! It was amazing and well served. Since then, I knew I had to keep her in my life.

We arrived at my house and I thanked Ryan and he went back to the car while I walked to the front porch.

My house was empty - as always-, I walked to my room and changed from my suit to some comfortable clothes.

I went to my office and sit on my desk, I opened the laptop and decided to reply to some E-mails.

I didn't know how much time has passed until someone knocked on the door.

"Come in" I said, I was expecting Ryan but then I saw Christine.

"Christine" I nodded with a smile and she smiled back.

"When did you arrive?" I asked.

"About an hour ago" I frowned and looked at my watch to realise that I have been sitting here for almost two hours.

"I bought you some tea" she had two mugs in her hands and she gave one.

"Thank you" I said.

"You're welcome" she replied softly.

We stood there in silence until I broke it.

"Do you want to stand on the balcony?" I asked. The weather seemed nice and I have been sitting on my ass for way too long.

"Yeah, why not?!" She smiled and I nodded, I lead the way to the balcony.

Usually, I don't make personal attachments or connections between myself and my employees except for Ryan because he has been working for me since forever. But Christine seems nice and not awkward around me while most of my employee are really awkward around me.

"So..Mr. McKellen tell me a little about yourself." She smirked.

"There's nothing really to know. Why don't you tell about yourself?" I asked.

"Well....I'm not really that interesting" She chuckled a little.

"What's your favourite kind of music?" I asked.

"Um..I like all kind of music really except Hard metal and rock. You?" She raised any eyebrow.

"Me too" I answered.

"What do you like to do when you're not busy?" She asked.

"Reading. You?!" I grinned.

"Reading?! That's interesting" she smiled.

"I don't really have much time but I like writing." She answered and I nodded.

Then an alarm went off and she looked down at her phone.

"Excuse me, I have to get the chicken out of the oven" she said and I nodded.

She jogged down stairs and I went back to my office.

Christine looks interesting, the kind of girl you wanna know better.

I was happy when she entered my office, talking with her was a nice break from work - actually from everything -.

I looked at my watch and sighed, it is way too late, I should probably get some sleep.

I said goodnight to Christine and thanked her then I went straight to bed.