Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen (Unedited)

-- Playlist--

"If I could have just one wish, I would wish to wake up everyday to the sound of your breath on my neck, the warmth of your lips on my cheek, the touch of your fingers on my skin, and the feel of your heart beating with mine knowing that I could never find that feeling with anyone other than you." ~ Courtney Kuchta

Mia's POV

"You're torturing him. I don't think he deserved what you're doing to him." Carmen said.  I called her to check how she and Eduardo were doing. They were together now and so much in love.

"I don't think so. I believe I'm doing the right thing. He hurt me so bad before."

"So you're hurting him back. Does it make you happy seeing him suffer? He was in the hospital for a week suffering indigestion and heatstroke." I heard Carmen heaved a sigh.

I became silent. I didn't know what to say. I admit, I found it funny at first seeing Xander tried to eat sashimi with wasabi. But in the long run, I didn't like it. I pitied him.

"Tell him the truth before it's too late. I was so wrong for me to play along with you. Eduardo made me realise that."

"I'm sorry Carmen for involving you into this. I thought it was for the best."

"Oh dear, you're lying to him. Tell him when he comes back."

Xander was in New York to attend the wedding of Eros Petrakis and Jade Collins. He wanted me to go with him but I decided not to. Tristan and Stella would be there. I was not ready to face them.

"I'll think about it." I said.

"Just do it, Mia. If you really love him, tell him the truth while you can still save your relationship with him."

 "I'm afraid he'll get mad at me." A pain squeezed my heart thinking of his reaction.

"It's the consequence you have to face."

What Carmen said made me feel so bad. What if Xander won't forgive me?

***

"Mia? Is that you?"

I was in the pool reading a book when Xander arrived the following day. He had been gone for four days. I was so bored at home waiting for him to come home. I regretted not going with him in New York. I could just stayed in the hotel while he attended the wedding and doing business meetings.

My dying spirit came alive when I heard his voice. 

"Of course." I turned to him, smiling.

"You're back to black." His eyes glowed.

"Do you like it?" I ran my hand through my hair. I dyed my hair black the other day.

"I love it. You look so beautiful. Exactly the Mia that I love." His eyes searched my face, reaching into my thoughts. "Did you miss me?"

I looked up, pretended thinking. The tips of my fingers on my temple. "Um... yeah."

He chuckled. "Come here, baby. I miss you so much. Give me a hug."

I jumped out of the chair and ran to him. I didn't care anymore. I just followed my heart. 

He dropped his bags on the floor to lift me up in his arms. My arms went around his neck, hugging him. The delicious feeling when my body sliding down against his when he put me down.