20| Movie Night Between Us

20. Movie Night Between Us

"F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Fight for you. Respect you. Include you. Encourage you. Need you. Deserve you. Stand by you."

•°•°•

It was Saturday. I entered the kitchen after a warm shower. My mom was leaning against the kitchen counter. She had her phone pressed to her ear.

"But it's my holiday!" She was saying into the phone.

I heard faint sounds from the other side but couldn't make out who it was and what they were saying.

"I last had a holiday two weeks ago."

She paused, hearing the other person out.

"Fine. But if I'm in a similar situation like you, I expect you to help me too."

There was a long pause before she sighed. "Okay."

She hung up and looked up at me.

"What happened? Everything alright?" I asked as I grabbed an apple.

"I'll have to go to work today," She said, sighing.

"Why? It is your holiday today," I frowned.

"I know. It's just that one of my friend's mother is in the hospital and she needs to be taken care of. So I'll have to cover her shift today."

"Don't they have someone else to do that?"

"No there's no one...I'll have to do it."

"Okay."

After breakfast my mom left saying that she'd be a little late today.

I had my homework completed so I studied a bit. Time surprisingly went by fast for once and before I knew, it was already evening. Never thought Saturdays could be so boring.

I thought about calling Claire. But I didn't know if she would be available or not. She'd probably be with her manwhore. And even if we need to talk, she should be the first one to call me.

After dawdling for a good half an hour, i decided to swallow my pride and phone her. There was no harm in trying, right? So I picked up my phone and dialed her number.

It rang a couple of times and I was going to hang up, when finally she picked it up.

"Hello?" Her voice sounded so different. Was it because she didn't talk to me very often now?

"Hey."

"Brooke? What's up?"

"I was wondering if you would come to my place today. If you're free. I'm actually very bored, so I thought a movie marathon with you would be nice."

I was so sure that she'd say no but the next thing she said surprised me.

"Sure! I'll be there in five!" She replied and before I could say anything, she hung up.

Well that was something new. And different. But a good kind of different. I liked that.

I decided to make some popcorn while Claire was still on her way here.

After ten minutes or so, the doorbell rang and I jumped to my feet to get it.

As soon as I opened the door, Claire tackled me in a hug. Oh, How much I missed her anaconda hugs!