Part 31: Party Rockers

Hey everyone, another update! Hope you enjoy and thank you everyone for all the reads and votes it's great to see that you like the story :) xxx

We'd packed our bags into the back of the car - Mason refusing to let me carry my bag downstairs - and I stared at the front of the house.

It was so strange to come back after spending so long at uni, but at the same time, it was great to actually see home again.

Dad kissed me in the cheek and begged for me to come back, shared a firm handshake with Mason and winked at me as he made his way back into the house.

I fell asleep snuggled into Masons side on the way home again and he woke me up with a kiss on my nose.

"We're home." He said softly, removing his arm from around me as I rubbed my eyes. As true as it was that being with dad was my home, my home now was with Mason. My life was with Mason.

As soon as we'd both stepped in the door, our phones chimed with a Facebook notification for a party.

Ethan Delaney was having a back to uni house bash party - stupid reason to have a party if you asked me but whatever.

It was the first Saturday before back to uni and Mason and I both checked the guest list thoroughly to see if Lucas was going.

Mason inboxed Carl to make sure he wouldn't turn up and Carl said he didn't even know the guy. So, after an argument, we'd agreed to go to the party under the condition that if he turned up we'd come straight home.

The day after we got back, Mel and I went shopping to buy outfits for the party. It was great to finally catch up with her and have normal girl time with no boys or drama.

"So, have you and Mason... you know?" I blushed and felt my brain jumble with words.

"I'm not telling you that!" I exclaimed as she stirred her mocha and her face became knowing.

"Oh, I see: you haven't. That's okay though." She held her hand up as if to say, 'it's okay, it takes some couples longer to connect and yes, Cameron and I are already there'.

"I never said we haven't." I countered, picking at my banana bread and not meeting her eyes.

"So you have?"

"Well... no, but-"

"That's what I thought." How did she know all these things? I swear she could read people like they had their life stories printed on their foreheads.

"I don't know, it's not like that." I mumble and ignore her lingering stare.

"What do you mean? Of course it's like that. It's Mason Murphy." I scrunched my brows at her words. I'm, sure she didn't mean it that way but it felt like she was saying that I was just another girl he partied and slept with for fun.

"I'm not just another girl," I whisper to myself but she doesn't hear it, the clinking of her spoon against her mug making too much noise.

"Have you thought about it?" She persisted. She really wanted to know, didn't she? Normally I would be so comfortable with sharing this sort of thing with her, I mean, we're best friends for crying out loud. But this time it's different. He's different. He's opening up to me like he's never opened up to people before and I feel like I'm betraying his trust. I feel like by saying what I'm afraid of makes it true.

"Of course I've thought about it. We just haven't gone that far yet."

"Well surely he's itching for it, I mean he hasn't slept with anyone since you two started getting all cosy, right?"