Chapter Four

***

I sat on my new bed after unpacking and after a good shower.

I was in my sleeping shorts and a T-shirt. I tied my hair into a bun and put on the TV.

It was past seven pm. There was still a hell of noise in the hallway. Boys were still around and the freshmen were excitedly walking up and down, chatting while admiring their new environment.

I picked my school timetable and looked at it.

Apparently we had meals at nine in the morning, two in afternoon and eight in evening. Nice. At least I would have something to eat. Luckily we were gonna have dinner that night. I'd not eaten the whole day.
~

I watched TV till eight. I heard the other girls and some boys that still hung around, leave for dinner.

I got up and adjusted. I wore my thongs(slippers) and left the room. My short was baggy and reached my knees. I pocketed my hands and left my room.

As I locked my door, my neighbour came out of her own room.

"Hi." she smiled, locking her door, "You're my neighbor, huh?"

I looked at her but didn't really smile back.

"Yeah, I guess."

"I'm Moe. Short for Monica." she stretched a hand out. I hesitated but then shook her hand.

"Harlem."

"Wow. Rare name. You're a freshman right?"

"Yeah. And you?"

"Senior year."

"Oh, okay."

"Welcome. See you later." she smiled and walked away. I shook my head and followed the crowd.

*

We left the dormitories and headed for the big cafeteria building.

We walked through the lighted streets of the campus. We were many as a lot of boys left their own dormitory and were heading for the cafeteria too.
I was on my own, not wanting to make any new acquaintance.

There was a lot of fidgeting as we moved. A lot of laughing, discussing and so on. Many were in groups and some in twos. I guessed they were mostly second and third year students or freshmen who met with some of their mates from highschool. I couldn't meet any of my mates. I was the only one who'd applied for Greenwill university. The rest had applied for other universities.

I was about to enter the building when a sudden group of laughing boys pushed one of their friends playfully, causing him to push me in return and walk on my foot. Luckily I didn't fall.

The boy whom they'd pushed turned to me and the smile on his face faded.

"Oh, I'm so so sorry." he stated while his friends still chuckled at him.

I gave him a nasty stare and he stepped back.

"I'm sorry. Once again."

I rolled my eyes and entered the building. As I entered, I heard one of the boys speak;

"Woah. The look she gave you."

I ignored them and went to join the line. From their appearances, they were clearly as young as me. They were freshmen too. Fresh from you highschool.

**
I finished my plate of spaghetti with total satisfaction. The meal was great. I did not have a covered bowl to take the food back to my room so I ate in the cafeteria with a few others.