Chapter 9 - Truth and Consequences

*No One's POV*

The girls were about half way back from the mall, when Camila suddenly remembered. "Oh Nuts, I forgot to report in our encounter with the vampire."

Lauren shrugged. "Too late now, we'll fill your mom in when we get home."

Camila glanced at the shopping bags in the back seat. "Did we actually just go shopping with a vampires money?"

Lauren smirked. "Uh huh"

Camila ran her hand through her hair and exhaled from her mouth. "I just can't believe we did it. Taking on a vampire I mean."

Lauren put a hand on Camila's leg. "We're unbeatable Cabello."

A short while later they arrived at Camila's house and entered, carrying their shopping bags. Inside, they saw Camila's mom and dad and a man around 45 who had slightly graying hair with a decent build. They were all sitting at the kitchen table.

"Uncle Frank" Camila said as she ran up to him, giving him a hug.

"Hey there little one, how are you tonight." He said warmly.

"I'm fine, Oh Uncle Frank, this is my girlfriend Lauren. Lauren this is my mom's brother, Frank Cheney. He's a doctor and like my mom a werewolf."

Lauren nodded and shook his hand. "Pleased to meet you Lauren. I hear you have some werewolf blood in you."

"I guess so"

He smiled. "Well I hear your bonding with Camila, welcome to the family."

Lauren looked slightly embarrassed for a moment, but simply said thanks.

"I hear you two had an encounter with a vampire." Frank said, looking at Camila and Lauren.

Lauren held up 2 fingers. "2 encounters actually."

Sinu rushed from the kitchen to where Camila was, looking quite worried. "You saw it again? Are you Ok? What happened?"

Camila looked at her mom briefly, then to her dad and uncle. They looked very concerned as well.

"Were both fine mom." Camila said reassuringly.

"The vampire not, though." Lauren said with a laugh as she grabbed a bag and walked up to Mr.Cabello.

Mr.Cabello looked at the bag with a puzzled look as she extracted something from it. "Here, you're a police officer, can you get rid of this gun for me?" Lauren said, as she handed him a Glock 9 millimeter.

Mr.Cabello quickly took the gun and unloaded it. But as he did he sniffed it. "This gun has been fired recently. What happened?"

Camila sat on the couch. "Lauren shot the vampire in the foot."

"WHAT!" Said Sinu Cabello and her brother in unison.

Sinu's look morphed from concern to anger. "Ok Camila, I think you have some explaining to do! Did you actually fight the thing? You know they're dangerous. It could have killed both you and Lauren." Sinu said, her voice growing louder as she spoke. "I can't believe how irresponsible you've been."

"Mrs.Cabello, we had to do it. If we didn't act a girl named Julie, would be dead by now. We had no choice." Lauren said, quickly coming to Camila's defense.

Mr.Cabello spoke up and said calmly. "Ok, just tell us the story from be beginning."

Camila nodded. "After dinner, we stopped by a local church to get some holy water. Just in case we ran into him again. Well a bit later, we were driving near the UCLA campus when we saw a large house party that the cops had just busted. Lots of students and cops were all around. Well Lauren spotted our fake cop vampire, leading off a sorority girl. He must have snuck in and pretended he was just another officer busting the party. "