Chapter 1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Samantha~~~~~~~~~~~

It was raining cats and dogs today. I was getting late for the office. I packed my handbag hastily, took few bites from my half baked sandwich and ran towards the door fixing my heels with my fingers. The elevator was again at the ground floor as usual. I pressed the call button five times hoping that my pressing the button multiple times would somehow make the elevator move faster. Meanwhile I checked myself in the corridor mirror to see if I was looking fine in the new black dress which mom gifted me this thanksgiving. It was a lovely middie, nicely shaped and laced. But if only a beautiful dress could make a non attractive person look attractive. With my broad forehead and piggy nose I could compare myself to a goose in a fairy costume. No wonder why Oliver, Mr. Oliver F. Taylor, my boss and my secret crush never notices me.
I was standing there daydreaming about him when my thoughts were startled by lifts' beep indicating that it had finally arrived at the 11th floor. I immediately entered the elevator and closed the door.

Waiting for the elevator to reach ground floor took another decade. As the doors opened I rushed towards the crowded street desperately looking for a taxi. There was a taxi at the corner of the road. I whistled to draw the driver's attention. Thankfully he heard.

I picked fifteen dollars from my purse as soon as my cab reached near the office building. "Here take it", I said as I climbed down the cab.

"But ma'am I don't have the change."

"No issues, keep the change", I said running towards the lobby. I checked my watch. It was already 10:15. Oliver reaches office at sharp 10:00 AM and me being his Personal assistant is expected to be there fifteen minutes before he arrives that too with his black coffee ready and hot. As I entered the elevator I started thinking of a good excuse but now I had reached to a point where I was out of any excuses. The elevator reached the top floor and the door opened. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before leaving the elevator. Everybody had already been in. I avoided watching everyone as I entered the bay. I could feel everyone staring at me as I entered Oliver's cabin. He was standing at the window looking outside at all the other small buildings around with his coffee in his hand. He was dressed in his black Armani. He looks extraordinarily hot in black. I wanted to hug him as soon as I saw him. I forcefully stopped my mind of all the steamy thoughts and entered further.

"Hello Sir, good morning. I.. I am sorry Sir I couldn't reach on time coz...a...", I still couldn't think of an excuse.

"Its OK Miss Ryan, please sit down I have to discuss something very urgent with you", he said with a smile on his face. He looked extra happy today. Something was definitely different today. He didn't even get angry at me. Whatever the reason for it was, it really saved my day.

I took the arm chair on the front desk resting my purse on the table.

"Miss Ryan, a very close friend of mine from my college is visiting me after almost 10 years. She is very dear to me and I am planning to propose her during her visit this time. So, I want you to make all the necessary arrangements for her comfortable stay in the city. Also it would be appreciable if you could plan something for the whole proposal thing, you know. I mean you being a girl will have a better idea of what she might like and what not. I have made a folder on my desktop where you can get all the details you need about her."

As soon as I heard the word 'proposal' , I became deaf. Although I always knew that he was out of my league and I could never ever be his choice but still his words pinched me hard in my heart. I immediately wanted to run out of the room.

"Miss Ryan, Miss Ryan, are you listening? Hellooooo!!!!", he said waving his palm in front of my face.

"Er... ah ... ahaan... yeah... yes sir I am listening. Excuse me Sir I'll be back in a minute", I said and rushed towards the door. I came out avoiding the people around and entered the washroom. I immediately locked the door and bursted out crying as I couldn't control anymore.

Why god, why is this happening to me. I love him and now I have to arrange for a proposal which he is going to make to another woman. I hate that woman. She must be a witch I am sure.

I was going crazy thinking about Oliver being with another woman. No, I cant let this happen. I have to do something. I cannot let any other woman steal Oliver from me. I need to stop it, by hook or crook. Yes!

As I stood up and washed my face watching my puffed eyes in the mirror a wicked smile lit my face at the thought that Oliver had given me the responsibility to make all the arrangements of her stay and THE PROPOSAL.

I opened the door with a new confidence. Suddenly I had started sensing an electrifying power running inside me. I was ready to get my love back forever.

"May I come in Sir?", I said tapping at the opened door leaning forward already ready to be in.

"Yes Miss Ryan, how many time have I told you that you don't need to do such formalities. Please come in."

Kindly show your support by clicking on the star button on the left corner if you liked what you read. Thank you :)