Wings - TFW x Reader

I've lived with the Winchesters for a while now. The boys and I became hunting partners ever since that werewolf pack in Charlottesville. I'd bitten off a bit more than I could chew, and they helped me out of a rough spot with the beasts, and my current living situation. So we decided that three hunters on a case was better than two. One of us could research and stay back while the other two do the FBI thing and investigate with locals.

We were back at the bunker for the weekend, taking a bit of a break, when the Winchesters both stood up suddenly.

"Now is a perfect time," Sam argued to Dean.

"I don't think she's ready yet, Sam," Dean argued, looking in my direction.

"Ready for what, guys?" I inquired.  Dean glared in Sam's direction and gave him a pointed look.

"I'll call him," Sam said to Dean.

As Sam was walking off, Dean stopped him.

"(Y/N), Sam wants you to meet one of our closest hunting companions. We haven't needed him in a while, but it's time you met him. Sam, he might be busy, you shouldn't–"

"You called and I came, Sam."

Suddenly, a man in a trench coat appeared in the room. I unsheathed my demon knife from my boot and lunged, stabbing him in the shoulder. A demon shouldn't have been able to get into the bunker.

"Well, shit. This is our friend Cas, (Y/N)."

He glared at me in annoyance and took the blade out of his shoulder. He walked over and placed it on the table by Dean.

"I do not appreciate this act of violence, (Y/N). It seems completely uncalled for," said this Cas guy. "And my full name is Castiel. I am an angel of the lord, and I wish to be treated as such. You all seem to disrespect me. You haven't even bothered to speak to me for months, Sam and Dean."

I was a bit shocked and confused. Angels weren't real. Well, then again, demons aren't real either I guess. But this was strange, having an angel in front of me, addressing me like a sort of friend.

"Sorry, Cas," said Sam. "We've been a bit busy with hunting. We haven't had any demon or heaven problems recently and we've forgotten to call you. We're sucky friends, we know."

"It is alright, Sam," said Castiel. "I'm just a bit 'ruffled' you might say."

I laughed at this. He talked differently from us. Must be the "holier than thou" dialect.

"I didn't think Angels were real," I trailed, hoping I hadn't made the conversation too awkward already with the stabbing.

"Yet you humans are so quick to turn to demons. You humans are always so hard to convince. In my time on earth, I've noticed that you'd rather believe in all of the evils of the world than the good. Tell me why, perhaps?" He asked, tilting his head like a confused puppy. It was adorable.

"I don't know," I replied. "I'm not a philosophy major or anything, but a lot more bad happens to people than good, so it's hard to believe in something that isn't always there."

The Winchesters looked at me impressed. I guess they hadn't expected a philosophy lesson today. They should always expect a philosophy lesson, I mean, anything could happen with the Winchesters. They've caused the end of the world like five times now.

"So, are you staying for dinner, Castiel?" I asked him, trying to be polite.

"I do not eat. Angels do not need your human sustenance."

"Okay then," I continued. "Well will you sit with us while we eat?"

"I guess," Cas grumbled.

I guess his feathers were a bit ruffled. Hmmph.

"Who clipped your wings, Cas?" Asked Dean. So he had noticed, too...

"I'm sorry, Dean. I was just stabbed. I do not exactly favor this (Y/N), as first impressions go..."

So this is the Cas they wanted me to meet. Oops. I guess I ruined that deal.

The reason this is short is because I'm lazy, and because there will be a part two that this is just backstory for.