Chapter 30

Can't Blame a Girl for Trying-Sabrina Carpenter

I pull into the school parking lot with Abigail this time. We walk into the school. As soon as Abigail sees Jake, she flips her hair and fixes her clothes around, she's wearing a loose black crop top with "Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful" written in bold pink letters, super tight black pants, and black booties with little pink bows on the side.

She did her make up to perfection and made sure she wore a little bit of lipstick so that she would leave her mark on him. (another thing she always does) "do I look good?" Abigail asks. A sick feeling is tumbling around in my stomach "yeah" I smile "you look amazing" I tell her, and that's the truth, she looks even more beautiful than usual.

I watch with a sick-to-my-stomach feeling as she sashay's up to Jake, he says something and she does that head tilted backwards laugh, the one that always seems to get the guys, for what reason, I don't know.

She presses her finger up against him, pushing him up against the locker, than she leans forward and gives him a sexy kiss. Like one of those ones you see in the movies, the one you don't think happens in real life, yeah that type of kiss. I've never been more shaky in my life. When she pulls away, Jake raises his eyebrows and smirks confidently at her, clearly impressed. I feel like there's a 300,000,000 pound stone sitting in my stomach.

Abigail gives him a sweet smile and winks at him before swaying her butt as she walks away from him and towards me. She grabs my arm and pulls me along, the smile on her face is illuminating. I glance back at Jake and we lock eyes.

We stare at each other for a moment, before Cassandra walks up to him and shoves him with so much force he smacks up against the lockers making a clanking noise. Cassandra's about to go on a rant about cheating on her or something, I can't let something like this burst Abigail's happy bubble, so I push her along and start talking loudly. We get into the girls bathroom and she starts squealing "omg did you see his face? He was so into it" Abigail exclaims.

I put on the best fake smile I can and widen my eyes "I know right? He so wanted you right then" I had to force the words out, because they wouldn't come out naturally. Abigail smiles impossibly bigger "I know" she yells jumping up and down slightly. I force a laugh and jump up and down with her. Abigail calms down and shakes her head "woo! I am so good" she brags smiling. I smile with her, the very best. The bell rings and we walk to our classes, the sick feeling in my stomach is excruciating, I'm don't even know why I feel this sick, though I'm sure it's because I know that Jake is Slyder, and I know what a horrible guy he is and yet my best friend is chasing after him. For the billionth time, what am I going to do?

🔹🔹🔹

Brandon asks to come over to my house Sunday. I have already told Mom about Brandon, about the whole grand gesture and how kind and caring he is, she started practically hyperventilating. She asked like a thousand times, In a thousand different forms of the very same question "so he's really your boyfriend?" Was it really that surprising that I have a boyfriend? Like honestly. She said to invite him over, but Brandon beat me to the question.

I said yes and instantly a warm smile formed on his lips, and his adorable dimples were indented into his cheeks. I couldn't stop myself, I stood up on my tiptoes and kissed each of his dimples. This all happened right before Grammar, when Jake saw us, he practically stomped right past us. Man, Slyder sure is a good actor.

Brandon looks at me with fear in his eyes. "What's wrong?" I ask he stares at me for a moment. What is Brandon's problem? He shakes his head and smiles down at me, though I can see in his eyes that he's still confused and fearful. He gives me a peck on the lips "bye babe" he says before spinning around and leaving in a hurry. Okay then.

I walk into class and sit down next to Jake. I know I shouldn't say anything, but that doesn't help. "What is wrong with you? You have a girlfriend, and then you go and make out with Abigail?" I ask angrily.

Jake calmly rolls his eye before lazily turning his head to me. "I don't have a girlfriend" he states simply. I cross my arms "Cassandra is your girlfriend" I snap "I don't have a girlfriend" he repeats.

"I see you and Cassandra making out in the halls everyday" I snap getting annoyed. A small smirk lifts the corner of his lips "well how cute, you have a boyfriend yet you watch your crush making out with somebody else. Question, do you ever picture yourself in Cassandra's place? Do you ever think about it while you're by yourself and start making out with your pillow? Or maybe wrist? Practicing for the lucky day when you'll be able to kiss me" he asks making a kiss noise with his lips.

I'm furious now, acting as if I'm longing for him? He should know better then to assume that, that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. "No. Okay, no. I never said I watch you and Cassandra making out, I said that I see you, there's a difference even though your dull mind can't figure it out." I pause as I watch his annoyed reaction "you are not my crush. The only crush I ever had was Obi Wan Kenobi. The only thing I make out with is Brandon's gorgeous, soft, pillowy lips" I pause again as I watch his eyes flash with anger.

Aw, you don't like it that I don't like you? I'm ruining your plan aren't I? You're supposed to make me fall for you, but I know, unlike your other victims, I know. I continue "and I don't long for the day I'll be able to kiss you, I long for the day I'll be able to have sex with Brandon though" no I'm not serious, no I'm not going to have sex with Brandon. Period. I don't do sex, sex is for marriage only.

That day in the empty classroom when I got close to doing it with Brandon, that was a mistake, one I never plan on making again.

I watch as Jake's fist clinch. Upset because he's losing his control over me. "I can believe that you can't wait to have sex with Brandon, but I cannot imagine why Brandon would want to sleep with you" Jake snaps before turning his head to the front of the classroom. He always has to have the last word. I sit on my hands to stop myself from slapping him.

Why are the hottest guys always the meanest?

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

I apologize because this is just a filler chapter and I had promised you that this would be a juicy chapter. I hadn't lied about writing it all out, I really did do that, but when I finished, I looked back on it and thought it's definitely a chapter that needs to wait a little while into the chapter to be published. Sorry for the falseness, I'm really sorry.

Btw-I changed the FACS class to Chemistry class for those of you who started reading when I first started publishing.

Please comment, read, vote, and promote!!!