Another Damn Letter

“YOU MEAN HE IS YOUR EX?!” Kaden yelled as he tried to calm down but could not.

He looked at the passed out man on the couch. Jayson Reynolds, the multi billionaire business tycoon was his girlfriend’s ex. He was the bastard who had hurt her so much but yet the way she looked at him…

He had walked in on Kate trying to pull Jayson on the couch and he had rushed to help them. Then it had hit him that it was Jayson who was passed out drunk in their hotel room and he had confronted Kate who had told him the truth.

Look Kaden. It is in the past---“ Kate stopped midway as Jayson groaned. Kate immediately fell to her knees next to his head and pushed his hair back from his forehead.

“Kate..”Jayson moaned.

“I’m here” Kate stammered.

“My head is killing me”

I need advil” Kate said

“I am out of here. I can’t look at this anymore. You are still clearly in love with him Kate..who are you hiding it from?”

No this is not it

“I love you Kate…I have said it so many times to you but you have never given me a reply. I always thought that it was because of your past and I was right, it is because of your past not because you were hurt so badly by him; you are still in love with him.” Kaden took a steadying breath. He loved Kate but he just couldn’t go on with this relation now. It was clear where her heart was. He had continued with her because he thought that she would eventually fall for him once she was ready for it but that was not the case.

“How can you say this? I do not love him. I just want him to be awake and sober again so he can leave”

“Who are you kidding Kate?!” Kaden almost yelled at her. He let out a frustrated sigh.

“So you are ending things?”

“I don’t know. I just can’t look at this…all of this. I mean how can I compete with him?” Kaden asked jerking his thumb in his Jayson’s direction, who had once again passed out.

"Compete with him?”

“I need a walk. This is just too much for me. I am sorry”

“You are walking out for no damn reason!”

“You and he together are a reason enough”

“You are acting like I slept with him and you walked in on us”

“What I see in your eyes for him Kate is what I had been longing for from the past few months. It is there for him but not for me.” With that Kaden walked out of the room.

Kate refused to cry. She was not going to breakdown. It was childish, he was being irrational.

“He will come back” Kate thought and just then she felt Jayson grasp her hand
“But do you want him to come back?” a small voice whispered in her head.
........................................................................

Jayson woke up with a splitting headache.  He looked around and realized he was in a hotel room.

“What am I doing here? He thought. It was one of his hotels. He entire back was in spasm from sleeping on the couch.

Jayson got up and went towards the area that had the bed and the bath. The bed was still made.

“So I wasn’t here with a girl” He said to himself. He tried hard to recall last night events but nothing was coming back to him. He realized he was really wasted.

He sat down back on the couch and that is when he noticed a note with a glass of water and a bottle of Advil. He picked up the note and his heart hammered in his chest as he immediately recognized the handwriting.

Dear Jay,
I highly doubt you remember what happened last night. You came into my room and you were completely wasted. You apologized about the past and you said you still loved me. I don’t know what to make of this. I had buried those memories but seeing you again, they all came back and now I am back from where I had started. You have ripped open those wounds you gave me in the first place. I had all night to think about it with you lying on the couch next to me and I realized you never gave me a reason for your actions. I want answers Jayson. I want answers so I can put all this behind me. Meet me tomorrow at the café in front of your office building at 11.00. I will be waiting.
Kate.

Jayson cursed as he finished reading the letter. Another damn letter.

He scrunched it into a ball and chucked it against the wall.

He loved her alright but he didn’t want her to know about this. He wanted her to realize and not have the advantage of his feelings for her. He wanted her to realize that what she had said to him had hurt him and not the other way around. Now again she was pointing the blame at him. He was going to meet her and she was going to get her reason and then realize what a big mistake she had made. Why couldn’t he just bring himself to hate this woman?

“Damn you Katherine Anderson.” Jayson muttered as he got up, retrieved the scrunched up letter and left the room.