35- Warrior

“Oh my gosh,” I gasped as I opened a package.

Owen had just brought it to my room, telling me that it was from Paris. He waited in my room with me to see what was inside and when I really did open it, I screeched as I saw another box within that box, but the second box was a shoe box with the name Christian Dior on the top. The main box though was huge, so there was a lot in there and I wasn’t expecting any of it.

“What is it?” Owen wondered curiously.

“They’re freaking Dior shoes!” I squealed, noticing a letter resting on top of the package. “And there’s a letter.”

“Read it,” He sighed, sitting down in the desk chair beside me.

“I thought you didn’t want anything to do with her,” I piped, unfolding the paper.

“I can still be curious,” Owen mumbled.

“Okay, weirdo,” I sighed, looking down at the letter and reading it aloud. “Dear Dakota, I haven’t emailed you back yet, but I think that prom is around the corner for you and I wanted to get you something special. I always wanted to be able to spoil my little girl and I guess this is my chance. I don’t know what you like, but I just went off of my instinct and got you what I think you’d like. Are you going to prom? Do you have a date? I want pictures! There’s shoes in there which I’m sure you can see, and then I absolutely fell in love with these earrings but I’m too old to pull them off. And a purse that can go with practically anything. Anyway, I hope to talk to you soon, Dakota. I love you, Annie.”

“What’s Dior?” Owen asked after I finished reading the letter.

“He’s a really famous and expensive designer,” I explained, taking the shoe box out to see that the earrings and the purse she was talking about in the letter were in there and they were both Chanel. The earrings were in a box and when I opened up the box, I could see that the earrings were diamond studs with the black Chanel logo dangling down and the purse was really small and gold quilted. “This is all designer!” I squealed in realization. “This is so cool!”

“Wait, what’s that?” Owen wondered, pointing to another box that I hadn’t noticed.

Eagerly, I grabbed it and saw that it had another note on it. “Oh, and I know he probably won’t want it, but I also got a little something for Owen. There’s never a lack of shopping here in Paris. Tell him that I love him too.”

“She got me something?”

“Yep,” I chirped, pulling out the box. “But since you don’t want anything to do with her, I’ll just take the letter off and give it to Braeden.”

“That’s no fair,” He protested.

“It is very fair,” I argued. “I’m not letting you become a gold digger. So if you don’t want anything to do with Annie, that’s fine, but that includes not accepting gifts like Rolex watches.

“It’s a Rolex?”

“Paws off,” I laughed. “You have to talk to her before you get the watch.”

“What do you mean I have to talk to her?”

“I mean that if you want to accept the Rolex as a gift then you have to call her and thank her for it or I’m not giving it to you. You’re not just going to take her money like that, Owen, I won’t let you.”

“But it’s a Rolex,” He whined.

“And she’s your mother,” I reminded him. “You get both or neither, make up your mind. And while you think it over, you can get out of my room because I need to get dressed for the banquet tonight.”