Chapter 35

Elizabeth's POV

It's been 2 hours since they started the surgery at Blake. I was sitting on my wheelchair trying to keep my eyes open.
I forced myself to come here even though I was death tired. My friends and family tried to chain me on my bed but I refused which they finally accepted. They wanted to stay with me the whole time but I told them to go home because first, the three girls need to study and second, my parents had an important meeting which they wanted to cancel but I told them that I was fine and they all should go already.

I was left with Mrs. Anderson, Emily and Blake's friends. We were all waiting for someone to come out and inform us that everything was fine, free us from this scary scenario which I wish is a dream.

I was about to fall asleep for the 10th time now. I was tired, death tired but I won't miss this situation. Not in my life time.

Finally after 3 hours a doctor came out. My head snapped up as I asked Chase to roll me up to them.

"How's my son?" Mrs. Anderson asked as she wiped away a tear from her cheek.

She didn't stop crying this entry time. I somehow understand her. It's her son and my boyfriend...well I think we are still together. It hurts for us both to see the person we love the most suffer. However, she has it a bit harder. First her husband and now her son. Life is really unfair, right? It's doing what I want to. It can take a person's life and give someone a life.

"He has a broken leg and a sprained arm and many bruises all over his body. His body is alright but there is one thing that I'm worried about." he paused.

"He hit his head which caused to unconscious. Right now he is in a coma and unfortunately, we don't know when he will wake up or if he will wake up...Right now, everything depends on him. It will be his choice to wake up or not. I'm sorry, but we did everything we could." the doctor said with a said voice before he left.

Mrs. Anderson broke down crying again. I looked everywhere and blinked my eyes trying not to cry which didn't help at all. Tears run down my cheek and soon I started to sob. Chase kneeled in front of me and hugged my tightly. I heard him sniff in my shoulders signaling me that he was also crying.

Soon the door opened again and we saw some nurses rolling down a bed in which laid Blake. His once handsome face was now so pale with some cuts. His head was surrounded with a bandage as well as his right hand. His right leg had a cast and everywhere on his body were bandages. The boy I love laid in front of me.

He didn't looked the same anymore.

He looked lifeless.
.

.

.

.

.

"You're here again? You should be in bed and rest." Mrs. Anderson said as she saw me beside Blake's bed.

I smiled at her.

"Well, I'm also only sitting here around. And besides, my room is only one door away." I said and shrugged.

Dr. Reyenes knew me too good. She knew that I would visit Blake every day and set his room right beside mine so that I visit him everytime without much effort. However, I tried to walk into his room instead off rolling. Until now I made a really good progress.

"Here dear, it's time for lunch." she said as she placed a tray in front of me with lasagne.

"Thank you." I smiled and started to dig in.

Hospital food is not always the best but there are also times where I get really good food to eat like this lasagne. I didn't even know that they serve lasagne. I always thought they would serve curry or something like that.

"Where is Emily?" I asked.

"She is at a friends house. I explained our situation to the family and they were okay with taking care of her for a few days. Unfortunately, I can't take care of her because of work and those two idiots." she said and laughed a bit.

I knew she meant Blake and Mr. Anderson. Well it's not easy for her right now. I really hope that those two will make it, no, correction, they will make it. They are strong willed. I believe that they won't just threw their life like that away.

Even so, it's been 4 days since Blake was brought here and he still hasn't woken up. The doctor said that he still was in the same condition. Not getting better and not getting worse.

I was the same. Well not really. I was getting a slight better but not enough to go again. I can walk again, that's for sure but I still get attacks in the night. However, they are not that bad like the one 4 days ago. Seems like the new about Blake just made it come out so bad.

I've been waiting for him to wake up, to let me see his pretty grey eyes again like the first day of school. I want him to smile and joke around again. I want to be in his arms again.
Hell I don't even know if he wants to see me when he wakes up.

I never thought that everything would turn out like this. I thought I will see him again and we will be best friends again without any trouble. We will grow up and would play pranks to each other, support one and another with their dates and so on. And when we are finished with college and we still hasn't found the right one that we would just give it a try ourselves. Funny, I know. Everything turned around and I ended up being his girlfriend.

Mrs. Anderson left soon to visit his husband and I stayed with Blake.
I watched as his chest were going up and down slowly and the beep tone of his heart monitor. Some of his injures already healed fully but his arm and leg and of course is head still needed recovery time.

"You have to wake up soon and finish your exam. Don't think you can escape from me like this. I won't let you go so easily." I said.

It's weird to talk to someone who can't even hear you nor talk back to you. However, I keep telling some random things.

"I don't know if you caught it but Chase came today early morning. He has an exam today which is math. He told us to with him good luck because he will need it more than his luck with girls. That's what he said." I said and smiled.

I grabbed his hand and squeezed it tightly. I wish he would gave me a sign telling me that he was fine and that he would wake up soon.

Suddenly I smiled at a memory I remembered which was a few months before I left.

"Do you remember the time you fell off a tree and broke your leg? You said you would recover faster when I gave me you a kiss like in snow white. It didn't really helped but it was funny to know that you watched snow white even though you said you hated those princess films and would never watch it." I said and laughed.

Yeah, that's right. My first kiss was with Blake when we were still young but we never really counted it as a kiss.

I stood up and went up to him. I stared at his face which was still so pale. His lips were dry and cracked but he was still the handsome boy I know.

I leaned in and gave him a quick kiss.

"I really hope that it works this time." I whispered.