Chapter 6 - Malfoy Manor

Rosalie and the Malfoy family landed in front of Malfoy Manor gates. While the Malfoy's landed gracefully on there feet, Rosalie landed flat on her back. She got up carefully looking around. The Malfoy's were looking at her amused and Rosalie blushed in embarrassment. Lucius walked up to the gates and placed his left hand on the metal bar, Rosalie stared amazed as the dragon designs on the gate started moving in a beautiful dance. Finally the gates swung open to an incredible garden. Flowers of different colours such as blue, red, yellow, purple and green spread over the garden in a spectacular pattern. Peacocks walking across the freshly cut grass, showing off there wonderful feathers to each other. Rosalie and the Malfoy's strolled through the garden and quickly got to the door. Carved on the door was more dragons, it seemed that was the Malfoy symbol like lions was the Potter symbol.

The Malfoy patriarch entered quickly and called out "Libby", a small house elf wearing a dirty, ripped pillow case popped in looking frightened. She bowed so low her nose was touching the floor, "master Malfoy" she squeaked, "what can Libby be doing for you". "Take our coats and tell Kippy to make tea" Lucius ordered coldly. Rosalie looked sadly at the poor house elf and her gaze hardened when she looked at the Malfoy patriarch. Lucius avoided eye contact with her and looked slightly uncomfortable. They entered a the sitting room, which looked warm and welcoming unlike the rest of the Manor that Rosalie had seen so far. Another house elf that Rosalie assumed was Kippy, popped in with tea and snacks. Rosalie glared at lucius who gulped in fear, he cleared his throat "thank you Kippy, that will be all", he said softly. Kippy looked shocked at the thanks but popped away quickly before he was yelled at. Rosalie was happier now and would teach him to treat his house elves better even if it killed her. Narcissa and Draco watched in shocked amusement as this happened and Lucius glared half-heartedly at them for not taking his side. "Well that was fun" Rosalie chirped happily. Draco tried to muffle his laughter at the look of his fathers face but he failed miserably. However Narcissa laughed openly at her husband who looked like he just got slapped in the face. "Yes, so fun being glared at by a eleven year old", Lucius muttered sarcastically". "I'm glad you think so too" she said cheekily. Lucius chuckled at her comment, his whole face lighting up as he smiled.

The Malfoy patriarch sighed "your never going to let me treat my house elves like that again, are you?", he said exasperated. Rosalie looked serious as she said "no I will not allow you to treat any house elf even your like that again", he caught her eye and smiled softly "ok, I will try to treat them all better". Rosalie beamed but frowned a second later as she thought about what he said, "how many house elves do you have" she asked concerned, "six" he said simply. "Can I meet them" she asked, he frowned at her but nodded reluctantly, "Libby, Kippy, Tilly, Gabby, Zooby, Dobby" he called out. Six scruffy looking house elves formed a line in front of the two wizards and two witches, but Dobby was the scruffiest, Rosalie stared sadly at Dobby upset that his life was so bad at Malfoy Manor. Lucius explained that Zooby was Draco's personnel house elf, Tilly was Narcissa's personnel house elf, Gabby was his personnel house elf, Kippy cooked, Libby was the head elf and she cleaned with the help of Kippy when he wasn't cooking and Dobby did a bit of everything but had no specific job. "Why do you keep them in rags" Rosalie demanded harshly, all three of the Malfoy's looked awkward, "well we didn't really care before but if you think they should be changed we will change them" Lucius said quickly not wanting to be on the other end of Rosalie"s glare. He clucked his fingers an every house elf was in new brand new pillow cases. Rosalie nodded approvingly, happy that they had clean things to wear.

With that sorted Lucius politely ordered the house elves away and they started eating. Draco and Rosalie decided to get to know each other better by playing twenty questions. They started by simple questions from, what there favourite colours were which they both answered green, to what there favourite sweet was, which they both answered chocolate frog. Then the questions started to get more personnel. Draco wanted to know about Rosie's (which she allowed him to call her) home life, this interested Narcissa and Lucius as well as they all assumed she was spoiled, they were all horrified as she told them that her uncle and aunt used to starve and beat her for doing accidental magic and they got her cousin to beat her up as well.

"How could they do that to there own niece" Narcissa gasped out through her sobbing. "Well I'm not really there niece, my mother was adopted by my aunts parents when she was a baby", "really do you know who her real parents were" Lucius asked curiously, "yes I went I Gringotts this morning and found who they were" she answered, "well who are they?" Draco asked excited. "You probably wouldn't believe me if I told you, so I'll show you", Rosie said while digging through her bag and handed Lucius the parchment that had who her parents were on it. Narcissa gasped in shock as she read it and started crying in happiness. She wrapped her arms around Rosie and buried her face in her hair. "We looked for Carrie for so long but never found her, she got kidnapped ad we never saw her again, we thought she died", Narcissa's voice was muffled by Rosie's hair. Draco beamed at Rosie "that means we are cousins" he exclaimed looking ecstatic, Rosie grinned at him "that's great" she laughed happily. Lucius hummed thoughtfully, "where are you living now?" He asked suddenly! "Potter Manor" Rosie answered immediately. "Cool, I always wanted to go there, it sounds incredible" Draco said enviously. "You can come over when ever you like" Rosie said smiling at him, Draco's eyes lit up like an innocent child and turned to his parents "can we go now, please" he begged. Lucius sighed but smiled "yes of course we can go now" he answered. "Alright touch the candle stick" she ordered and she said the password. Then they were whisked away to Potter Manor.