Chapter 16

I have a terrible migraine and i'm really nauseous but I love writing for this story

Ryan

I felt someone shake my arm while I was trying to sleep. The past few nights hasn't been easy because I had to sleep without Adam.

He loved his new room but we both missed cuddling and waking up in each other's arms.

The shaking feeling got more intense. I heard someone, Adam, say "Daddy! Daddy please!"

I sat up quickly, my eyes wide and frantically searching for my baby. "What's wrong?" I immediately pulled him onto my lap. He was sniffling and wiping his eyes with a tissue.

"I-I had a bad d-dream!" Adam put his face into the crook of my shoulder. I tried to quiet him. "Shhh it's okay. You did the right bing coming here. Daddy's here now!"

His sobs only seemed to get worse, each one breaking my heart more. With nothing else left, I began to sing to him.

It was a quiet slow song and it worked perfectly. Adam seemed to be in a daze, sucking his paci, which he left on my night table. By the time I was finished singing, Adam was halfway asleep.

I carried went to pick him up and felt his bulging pull-up. He pulled his paci out and said "I has an accident daddy. I sowwy."

"I'm not upset! You should've told me though baby this can't be comfortable."

"I was embarrassed." He looked down shyly.

"Hey," I used my finger to lift his chin, "Don't hide from daddy. You never have to hide."

I spread a blanket down on the floor and laid Adam on it. He grabbed the blanket and started sucking on it. I laughed and shook my head at him. "You put everything in your mouth don't you?"

He gurgled happily while I began to change his diaper. Adam started to fuss so I handed him a zebra stuffie. That seemed to quiet him down enough so I could finish getting him redressed.

"Alright you're all done." We stood up and stretched. I put Adam on my hip, he instantly put his head on my shoulder and sighed sleepily.

I walked us to the kitchen and tried to quietly make him a bottle. Warm milk always seemed to calm him down so he could fall back asleep.

"Whatcha doing mr?" He asked.
I was caught off guard when he spoke and spilled some of the milk, causing him to giggle.

"Oh that's funny? Huh?" I tickled Adams tummy and he squirmed. I continued on until he laughed out an apology. "S-s-sorry!! I'm sorry daddy! I love you!"

I stopped and left him gasping for breath, still squirming in his seat on the counter. "Ok your milk is heating up little prince, do you wanna talk about your dream."

His face turned somber. "You told me I was sick. and then you left me. Just like everyone else. It was awful daddy, I can't imagine life without you."

I instantly wrapped my arms around him. "Oh baby that's awful! You know I would never leave you right?" Adam just nodded his head, a few tears trailing down his chubby cheeks.

"Come on. Let's go lay down and you can have your bottle." He walked behind me and sat on my lap.

I turned him sideways and started to feed him. He gently spit out the nipple and said "Daddy will you sing?"

So I did. I sang my baby back to sleep while he sucked hungrily on a bottle. It was the perfect way for both of us to return to dreamland.