You know it's all just a game

A/n: I'm sorry this took so long to update, life has been crazy! I hope you enjoy it!

"They're gone."

"Gone? What do you mean gone?" you fired quickly, this couldn't be happening.

"One of the volunteers went to check up on them and found a hole on one of the fences. They must have found a sweet spot to chew and probably made a hole big enough to pass though." He explained.

While your dad talked, you felt like the wind was knocked out of you. You've checked the fences, they were good. At least you thought they were... How could you have missed it? Before you could question yourself too much, you said:

"We have to find them."

"We will, honey." Reassured your dad, holding you by the shoulders.

"Perhaps I can be of some assistance as well." said Newt, who had been watching from a few feet away. "Don't worry, (Y/N), we'll find your babies." You gave him a grateful smile.

Where did this man come from? You thought to yourself before taking charge of the situation. "Okay, then, Newt and I will go with a couple of volunteers to canvas the north side. Dad, get a group and go south. We'll keep communicating and see if we can find them."

"Sounds like a plan." Your dad said already turning back to change out of his surgical scrubs.

You ran with Newt to the main house calling volunteers and gathering up gear. While you briefed the staff about the situation, the blond man slipped upstairs to check on his case full of magical creatures you knew nothing about, but he wished you did. He knew you would love knowing all about the beasts and the wizarding world. Newt couldn't understand how your father could simply shut you out of a world you so clearly belonged to. If only he could show you... He was brought back to reality by the shuffling noise downstairs. The man made sure the case was locked and safe before rejoining the chaos downstairs.

People moved around, grabbing walkie talkies, maps, flashlights and cradles to put the cubs in. It was a full operation. Newt got downstairs at the same time as Cory walked in the door.

"Ready to go?" He asked you.

"Ready." You answered already with a foot out the door, with two staff members at your heels.

As soon as you passes through the door, Cory grabbed Newt's arm and said, so only he could hear:

"After all this time trying to make me trust you, don't make me regret giving you a chance now." The stare he gave the British man made him know not to test him. "Look after her." He finished.

"She'll be safe, Cory." Said Newt before following you out the door.

The four of you went around the property to the other side of the enclosure's fence. You crouched next to the hole they allegedly went through. Something felt off about the whole thing, you just couldn't pinpoint what it was...

"There's no paw prints." You stated, examining the place.

"Maybe the land's too dry." Offered one of the volunteers.

"Maybe..." You said not really believing that. One quick glance at Newt showed you he didn't believe it either.

You searched for hours, trying to cover as much land as you could. There was no sign of the cubs anywhere... How could that be you had no clue. Something felt definitely off.

The sun got closer and closer to the ground. You were all hungry and tired and the animals back home probably were too.

"It's gonna go dark soon..." You said, regrouping with the other three. "Shay, Lilly, you guys should head back to check on the animals."

"Should we keep going?" Asked Newt once the volunteers left.

"I don't know." You confessed. "I don't think we'll find anything... I checked the fences, there was nothing wrong with them. And there's no sign of them anywhere... No paw prints? We both know even the greatest predators leave some sort of mark, how can three cubs just vanish like that?"

"What do you mean? Do you think they were...?"

"Taken? Yeah, I do." You completed "C'mon, there's a place I still want to check."

You both walked for another half hour, the night setting in. You passed through a cut barbed wire place into a high grass field. If you laid low enough nobody could tell you were there.

"Where are we?" Asked Newt as you walked into the field. "(Y/N)?"

There was some shuffling up ahead, you stopped and turned to him.

"Do you trust me?" You said quickly, not sure how long you had now.

"What's going on (Y/N)?" He says.

"Newt do you trust me or not?"

"Yes, of course I trust you." He said, still confused.

You flash him a smile before closing the gap between the two of you. Your lips met his as though they should never have parted. Unfortunately it all ended way too soon.

"Get my dad." You whispered to him before pushing him back and running the opposite direction, towards the shuffling.

A few meters later and the shuffling turned into voices and soon enough, you found yourself staring at two men pointing really big guns at you. There was no turning back now.