Chapter 5 - Adam's POV

(A/N: oooo an Adam POV!! sorry if this sucks but I'm trying to get a good set-up since the plot is really only their relationship and I was like that's not a plot, gotta make something the plot, so this will probably follow the books very closely. If you haven't read TRK sorry there's probably some spoilers. anyway, enjoy! - Amber)

"What?" Ronan said as Adam walked into the room.

"Cabeswater. There's something wrong, I can feel it. It's trying to get me to help." Adam explained, pacing the length of Ronan's room as Ronan sat on the edge of the bed.

"Yeah I noticed it when I was dreaming. It looks sick." Adam looked pointedly at Ronan. Adam could see him push something into his pocket.

"You're dreaming? Don't. Stop. You can't. What was so important you had to risk your life?" Adam got worried. What if Ronan couldn't control the terrors and they killed him? Then he stopped pacing. What if all Ronan's dreaming was what was doing this?

"It doesn't matter. And yeah, let me stop dreaming. Why don't you stop doing your magic too while we're at it." Adam looked over at Ronan to see him already glaring at him.

"Don't give me that look. What if you're what's destroying Cabeswater? Or-" Adam faltered. "What if it destroys you?"

Adam stopped pacing but looked down at his hands as he twisted them. He heard Ronan stand from the bed and walk towards him.

Adam saw Ronan's feet and legs draw nearer to him and then he felt Ronan's hand under his chin. "Adam." Ronan tilted his head up. "Look at me. I'm fine." Ronan stepped back and stretched his arms out. "See. All good. Cabeswater though, isn't. That's why you're here."

Adam stepped closer to Ronan, but Ronan sat back down. "Also I'm like 200 per cent sure I closed the door behind so how did you get in?"

Adam stared at him. "Just because you close a door doesn't mean you're safe. You didn't lock it."

Adam watched as Ronan rolled his eyes and stood again. "So why are you here?" Ronan stepped close to Adam and smirked.

Adam's breathing hitched and something in his stomach tightened at Ronan's proximity. "Um-"

"You do have a plan, right?" Ronan breathed out, getting closer to Adam.

Adam twitched in response and when Ronan smirked, he blushed and bit his lip. "Uh." Adam glanced away from Ronan and stuttered. "Yeah. I was, uh, hoping we could all um, go over to Cabeswater uh, together to like, check it out. I need to uh, be there to um, know what's uh, wrong with it."

"Something wrong, Parrish? Having trouble speaking?" Adam gasped when he felt Ronan's hand brush his thigh.

"N-no. N-nothing. I-I'm fine." Adam stumbled as Ronan's hand moved away. "Sh-should we g-go get Gansey and B-Blue?"

"I think we have time." Adam swallowed and stared at Ronan's lips. Adam moved as close as he could without touching the other boy.

"R-Ronan?"

"That's my name."

"W-what are you doing to me?" Adam was getting worked up and he could feel his Henrietta accent slipping out.

"I don't think I know what you mean, Parrish." Ronan smirked. "Care to elaborate?"

Adam bit his lip before saying in a dark, gruff voice,"I think you know what I mean."

Adam kept staring at Ronan's mouth and finally the remaining space between them was closed as their lips crashed together.

Adam immediately melted into Ronan's touch and kissed him back. His arms moved to surround Ronan's torso. One curled loosely around his waist and the other gripped his arm and shoulder as if he needed it to survive.