·26· Zerkstar - Street Dancer (Part 1)

This is will be a three part series of Zerkstar.

Sorry for no updates, I'm crap at ideas :)

---

Vik lay down his large cardboard square upon the concrete ground, and moved it into the perfect position. He glanced up at the large spiral that was London's cathedral and then down again at his cheap iPod shuffle. Connecting the device to his equally cheap speaker, he proceeded to scroll through the endless lists of songs he had managed to purchase.

Upon choosing "Give me Love" by Ed Sheeran, he stretched his short but slender legs. A thin black material hugged them, from his wrists and neck, down to ankles. His ankles and feet with wrapped in a well used bandage.

Vik breathed in deep, then out again. He always got nervous before performing in front of strangers and judging gazes, but this was the only way to get him a few slices of bread and a small coffee. He was already stick thin from this diet, but nothing could be helped about that.

Vik breathed in and out again, to calm his nerves, and pressed play, before giving his body up to the music. He twisted and turned like he had done a thousand times before, each one more precise and elegant than the next as he got into it.

'Give me love, like her...'

The lyrics moved his body into positions he didn't even know he could do. Dancing made him like this, unmade him, and then made him again.

He ended with a pirouette and opened his eyes to see a small crowd had gathered to watch. They started to clap as he flourished a bow, and threw coins at his feet, before walking away and pretended he never happened.

Vik smiled his hardest and looked down at his iPod to choose the next song, but a figure caught his attention. Vik lifted his head to see a man, with dark brown hair and matching beard. He had beautiful eyes that took Vik's breath away.

"You're really good." The man said briefly. He was really tall, Vik noticed.

The dancer bowed his head to hide his blush, "Thank you."

Then he walked away, just like the rest, and caused Vik to let out a heavy sigh. Let him continue.

-

The dancer saw the man a total of 6 times over the course of a week. Sometimes he would bring a tall blonde man, and Vik would be confused at the pang of sadness he felt when he saw them together.

It wasn't until Sunday though that the man stayed to watch all his dances, before approaching him at 5pm.

"My name is Josh." Vik noticed how his eyes danced in the streetlight.

"Vik."

"Coffee?"

Vik shivered despite himself and nodded, following Josh like he was an old friend.

The two walked the silent streets before reaching a, just as silent, coffee shop. The bar tender nodded to them as they entered then grabbed two mugs from the top shelf.

Josh led Vik to a two seated table by the window, so they could watch the clouds as they rolled by. Vik sat cautiously but couldn't help but watch the clouds as well.

"Hot chocolate gentlemen? I'm sorry it's the only thing we have in store for today." The bartender stated as he came over with two white mugs, both steaming.

Vik looked at the warm mug hungrily as Josh paid for the drinks. He handed one to Vik, who grasped his hands around it instantly.

Josh raised an eyebrow but didn't question it. Vik flushed.

"Where did you learn how to dance like that?" Josh inquried.

Vik shrugged, "It's my own style... I just let the music take me away."

"It's beautiful." Vik flushed again.

"Thanks."

They talked until there were no more clouds to cover the stars that appeared to light up the night. Vik found himself laughing at silly things Josh would say, and a rare smile would grace his lips. This felt good.

Soon they were showed out into the bitter night.

"Let me walk you home." Josh offered.

Vik froze. Josh would leave him instantly he found out the boy was homeless and basically a tramp.

"No! No, it's not far. I'll be fine." Vik forced a smile, one that Josh frowned at. He didn't push it though.

"Okay... Well I'll see you around then, Vik."

They parted. Josh walked down the darkened streets, thinking about the street dancer and how lovely his eyes were, and how bright his smile was. But he also thought about how the bandages around his feet and ankles were worn and old, and how thin he was, and how he had grasped onto the warmth of the hot chocolate, and...

It was in a flurry that the realisation came to him. He ran back to where they had parted and saw Vik not far. He sprinted and grasped the boys wrist, spinning him around to see bewilderment in the dancer's beautiful brown eyes.

"You have no where to go, do you?"

Vik shook his head, tears welling up as the stress of it all dawned on his tired mind.

"Come with me."

Vik didn't hesitate, "Okay."

---

These oneshots will be brief and hopefully full of emotion.

I hope you enjoyed!