48.The Escort

Title: The escort

Author: Veronica Rosario

Summary:

The year is 1932, smack dab in the middle of the Great Depression, and Annabelle is dealing with it all head on with her trusty beagle, Roxy. With only herself to rely on, life has been tough- starvation, unemployment, along with some emotional baggage. Enter the Russells, a kind family she grows to love and take her in as their own. Life seems to improve with them in her life. Then after finding - then losing - a job due to a misunderstanding, she's forced to take a new job offer as an 'escort' to a snarky, rich boy, and she's thrown into her old life of wealth and luxury from right before the stock market crash. But after a little mishap, Annabelle realizes she might be stuck on the jerk, which complicates things even more. So should she stick around and see if the boy likes her- and keep the large pay- or hightail it out of there and go back to her family with nothing? She may not have much to offer, but Annabelle has so much to lose if she makes the wrong choice.

Status: completed, 31 parts

Review:

How I landed on reading this book is still a puzzle. I do not regret landing there. I have read it like two years back and still remember it.

Initial few chapters bored me. As the story started to pace off I liked what i read.

 The girl Anna belongs to a rich household. She turns a pauper when her father gets bankrupt and dies. She is left on road to survive as an orphan with her pet Roxy and her charm bracelet.

How she survives and lands up meeting Russells which becomes her foster family. 

Later reaches her old house with some weird coincidence of life and meet Oliver.

Oliver escorts Anna for the most weird reason. Her life changes for good after meeting Oliver. Star watching, to attending parties and that weird club.  Fighting with each other they fall for each other.

Anna freaks out so much and runs away each time she can't face a situation. I hate you Anna for that. She is stubborn and independent. How Oliver chase after her and brings her back is a wonder.

Their obsession for sandwich and candy is die for. Little Molly you are sweetheart.

A historic book, sweet and sneak on how stock market crash has affected lives. It is a beautiful book but unrated.

When life gives you a lemon make a lemonade.

Happy Reading

P.S. The end is beautiful.