Chapter 17

Adam

Oh yummy! I currently had my stuffed animals leg in my mouth. He was nummy to suck on even though daddy told me not to. But daddy wasn't here right now and neither was my paci.

He had to go to school but I was sick. Again. It happened a lot because I was so small. My head hurt to move so I just laid quietly, Mr. Zeeb's (zebra) foot in my mouth.

I missed daddy. His mama had made me chicken soup which was yummy but she had to leave to run some errands. She didn't wanna leave me but I assured her I would be fine. And daddy comes home in about 10 minutes.

I closed my eyes, my head still throbbing, and pulled the covers up to my chin. There was a tapping on the door a few minutes later. I didn't have the strength to open my eyes to see who it was. "Baby? Are you asleep?" The voice was hushed. I whined. and made grabby hands.

"Aw my precious little one." A cool hand was placed against my forehead and I leaned into it. "You're burning up baby. Let me get you some medicine." I didn't even protest. Holding Mr. Zeebs tighter I started to whine.

Daddy came back quickly and fed me some icky medicine. He then placed a wet wash cloth on my forehead and I moaned in appreciation.

"Tank you dada." My scratchy voice said.

He laid next to me and cuddled close. "I don't wanna gets you sickies."

"It's okay baby don't worry about it. You don't worry about anything."

----

I was feeling a little better the next day but daddy made me stay in bed. He said I had a migraine and that's why my head hurt. I never had one before and I did not like them.

I thought I was doing okay until about lunch when my head exploded in a thunderstorm of pain. Letting loose a little scream, I collapsed onto the bed.

"RYAN!" I called because his mom and brother were home. I heard him running into the room. "Baby? Adam? What's the matter?"

"My head hurts!" I cried loudly into his shoulder. "Stay here Ill go get you some meds okay?"

I simply nodded and deflated into the bed. The meds were a little better the second time. Daddy cuddled me all day, rubbed my head, and brought me soup.

"I'm sorry Im so sick Ry. Im sorry you have to take care of me. My mom would always be upset when I got sick."

"I love taking care of you. Do you know why?"
I shook my head. "Because it makes me feel needed. Makes me feel big, like a daddy. The same way being taken care of makes you feel like a little baby."

I nodded in understanding, and then winced at the movement of my head. "I'm sorry. Anything I can get you my love?"

"No just hold me."
"I can do that."

He picked me up and laid me face down on his chest. I tucked my head into the crook of his neck and inhaled his woodsy scent. "I love you." I mumbled before falling asleep.

My headaches continued for about a month. Adam took me to the doctor who just told me to drink more water. When that didn't work, he recommended a specialist. I guess it was time to go to an even bigger, scarier doctor. I trembled at the thought