0.27

"So George. George Weasley told you at the Yule Ball that he was in love with you?" Hermione repeated back to her. Rowen nodded, "and at the end of the night I caught you and Cedric snogging in a dark hallway. What the hell are you going to do? This is George. Someone you have told me you've been in love with since the day we met."

"I don't know what the bloody hell I'm going to do Hermione. That's why I am telling you. I need advice."

"Well I have none. Honestly. You've got yourself into a situation where you will not to keep both of them happy."

"George said he'd wait for me. As long as it takes for me to figure out that he is in the only one for me. I am screwed. I like Cedric, a lot. Like a lot more than I thought I originally did. But George."

"My advice is see where things with Cedric go because you don't want to stop something that could be amazing because George finally gets his head out of his arse."

"Let's go find Harry." Rowen said standing up from her seat on Hermione's bed. The two girls went to the bridge just outside of Hogwarts and looked at him. He was pacing before looking at the two of them.

"Harry you told me you'd figure the egg out weeks ago. The task is two days from now." Hermione complained.

"Really? I had no idea. I suppose Viktor's already figured it out."

"I wouldn't know, we didn't actually talk about the tournament. Actually, we didn't really talk at all, Viktor's more of a physical being." Harry gave her a look, "I just mean he's not particularly... mostly he watches me study. It's a bit annoying actually. You are trying to figure this egg out aren't you?"

"What's the supposed to me?"

"I mean these tasks are supposed to txt you, in the most brutal of ways. They're cruel even. I know I'm scared for you, I'm sure Hermione is as well. You got by the dragon mostly on nerve. I'm not positive it's going to be enough this time." Rowen said stepping closer to her cousin.

"Hey, Potter." Cedric's voice broke through to them and they all turned and saw he was standing a couple inches from them.

"Cedric. Here to ask my cousin on a date."

"Here for you actually. How are you?"

"Spectacular."

"Look I realize I never really thanked you properly for tipping me off about those dragons."

"Forget about it. I'm sure you would have done the same for me."

"Exactly. You know the prefects bathroom on the fifth floor?" Harry nodded, "it's not a bad place for a bath. Just take your egg and mull things over in the hot water." Cedric said, sparing a look at Rowen before walking off.

When Rowen saw Harry again it was late in the common room, they were the only two awake. She had been waiting for him to return and sat in front of the fire. She had a lot on her mind apart from the tournament. 

"What was the outcome?"

"Come and seek us where our voices sound. An hour long you'll have to look." she looked at him.

"I've read once there were mermaids in the Black Lake. But it is very problematic bout holding your breath for an hour. Unless you know the bubble head charm or something else. Do you?"

"No. I don't. Do you?"

"I do. But it'd be impossible to teach overnight. I'm sure you'll think of something. Maybe Hermione will have an idea." he nodded and sat next to her on the couch.

"What's on your mind?"

"What do you mean?"

"You think I'm that oblivious that something is on your mind? I'm offended." Rowen looked at her cousin.

"I don't know. Something was revealed to me the night of the Yule Ball and I don't know what to do with the information."

"Is it that George is in love with you?"

"How did you know that?"

"I see the way he looks at you. I first noticed it at the Quidditch World Cup." Rowen looked at him, "I thought you wanted him to like you back."

"I did. But I really like Cedric. I don't know what to do with it. I'm lost."

"You'll figure it out. You're really smart. Smartest witch I know, smarter than Hermione even."

"Don't go that far. You should try and get as much sleep as you can before the event. It's not going to be easy. That's for damn sure."

Rowen didn't remember anything until she hit the service of the water. She breathed in deeply, the cold water of the Black Lake rushing around her. She looked around confused and found Cedric. She heard the crowd cheer and they swam together. They were both wrapped in blankets immediately and looked at each other. Cedric wasted no time in kissing her, she smiled into the warmth of his lips. They moved into each other, trying to get warmth. Viktor and Hermione were next, followed by Fleur who hadn't gotten her sister that had apparently been taken. Rowen was worried for the young girls life. Suddenly Ron and the blonde girl came up, they were coughing like crazy but were fine. They were helped out of the water and wrapped in blankets. Harry was flying in the hair and landed on the deck with a hard thud.

"Harry!" Rowen said with a smile. 

"Get him another towel." someone said.

"I want all the judges over here." Rowen left Cedric's side and went over to Harry, wrapping her towel around him. He winched in pain.

"You saved her, even though she wasn't yours to save. My little sister!" Fleur said coming over to Harry. She kissed each side of his face and then turned to Ron, "thank you! And you...you helped."

"Well...yeah...a bit." Fleur kissed his cheeks as well and Ron had the most pleased look on his face.

"Merci."

"Hermione." Harry said when the brunette came over to them.

"Are you alright? You must be freezing! Personally I think you behaved admirably." she kissed his head in affection.

"I finished last Hermione."

"Next to last."

"Attention! Attention!" Dumbledore said, Cedric looked over at Rowen and smiled, "the winner is...Mr Diggory!" Rowen smiled as him and his friends from Hufflepuff cheered him on, "for showing unique command of the bubble head charm. They way I see it, Mr Potter would have finished first had it not been for his determination to recuse not on Mr. Weasley but the others as well. We've agreed to award him second place! For outstanding moral fibre." Rowen smiled down to her cousin. They were all walking back together from the lake, the twins on either side of Rowen.

"All that moral fibre eh?" Fred teased.

"Blimey even when you go wrong it turns out right."

"Well done moral fibre." George said. Barty Crouch came had been waiting for them. 

"Congratulations Potter, fine achievement. Well done boy. I'm sorry we haven't spoken, after all your story is one I've heard many times. Quite remarkable. Tragic of course, to lose one's family. Never whole again are we? Still, life goes on. And here we stand. I'm sure your parents would be very proud today Potter." Harry only looked at him, not saying anything. Rowen noticed when Mad-Eye Moody approached them.

"Bartimus! Not trying to lure Potter into one of the ministry's summer internships are we? Last boy who went into the department of mysteries never came out!" Barty looked at him before turning away, "and they say I'm mad."