Chapter Six | You're a Whore

"I'm pretty sure you initiated it."

"I'm pretty sure it was you."

"Well, who was the one who said she'd do anything to repay me?"

"Well, who was the one that said I was the hottest piece of ass to come around here in a while?"

"Okay, knock it off!" Matteo shouted interrupting Jack and I's heated debate.

The four of us, Matteo, Jack, Daniella, and I, were all gathered in Matteo's office. Jack and Daniella were squished together on a couch, Matteo sat in his leather chair, and I placed myself on Matteo's desk even though he told me about seven times not to sit on it. Matteo hadn't actually gotten to speak about whatever it was that he felt necessary to say. As soon as Daniella and Jack walked in, Jack and I immediately started arguing about who Matteo should be mad at over the whole motel room incident. I think, as of now, it's a tie.

"And Kaia, for the last time. Get off the desk!" Matteo demanded in exasperation. I inhaled deeply and shook my head before crossing my legs.

"I like it up here," I stated simply causing a groan to erupt from Matteo.

"Fine, fine! Sit on the desk! I don't care anymore!" He said finally just giving up making a satisfactory smile spread across my face, but inside I was secretly kind of upset he wasn't fighting me over it anymore. As odd as it sounded, I kind of liked arguing with him.

"Can we just figure out this, um," Danielle said pausing to give me a once over, "Kaia situation?" I narrowed my eyes at her in distaste. "What? I have a hair appointment I have to leave for in like twenty minutes, and I can't reschedule because my roots are driving me insane." I scoffed rolling my eyes at her.

"What a bleached blonde," I muttered earning myself a glare.

"If you're bothered by the color of my hair that much that you have to waste a breath to comment on it, you won't last a week here, kid," Daniella retorted.

"Okay, I get that Jack is here because he's your beta, but what the hell is she doing here?" I asked Matteo in annoyance causing Daniella to laugh. "What?" I snapped turning to face her.

"Oh, you're too cute," she chuckled wiping away an invisible tear from her eye. Jack must have noticed my confusion and decided to answer my question.

"She's the Gamma." Now, it was my turn to laugh.

"Her?" I questioned turning back to Matteo. "She's your third?" I was laughing, but it was anything but humorous. "You're kidding me."

"You two don't even know each other. How can you hate each other already?" Jack interjected. Daniella and I paused for a moment and stared at one another. We both just shrugged.

"We're getting a head start, I guess," I reasoned.

"Well, you're going to have to get over whatever you two hate about each other because, Daniella, I want you watching her," Matteo stated making both Daniella and I stare at him as if he were crazy.

"What?" We both said at the exact same time.

"Matteo, I don't want her stalking me."

"Kaia, she's not stalking you. She's going to be like your guard," Matteo explained.

"So, basically, what you're telling me is that she's my babysitter?"

"Does everything I say to you go in one ear and out the other?" I shrugged at his question. I twisted my body and jumped off of the desk.

"I'm not being the nanny to your seventeen-year old mate," Daniella insisted.

"Hey! I'm nineteen," I growled earning myself an eye roll.