Chapter 29: The truth

DRUM ROLLLLLLLLL

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

1: 5 votes

2: 9 votes

3: 4 votes

4: 5 votes

Author here,

number 2 it is! But there were a few readers who gave AWESOME ideas, which gave ME ideas! All of them pretty much add up, and all of you who voted helped me do some calculations and so...! I came up with this chapter.

Thank you, with out you all, I wouldn't have made it this far!

-----

Gajeel's P.O.V

"Did I just see a shrimp come up from the water?" I questioned the odd girl, raising an eyebrow. She flinched and turned her head towards my sight, face getting redder each second.

I had run away from all the mess, trying to find a place I would least get killed. It's not that I was running away from protecting my country, but more of trying to take a breather. For someone watching me the whole way, it would've seem to them that I was taking the whole war thing too lightly. It didn't really matter what anyone else thought about me though. What really caught my eye was that when I did find a clear sight of the shore, some girl had climbed halfway out. She wore green shells stringed to her chest before putting on a yellow sundress randomly laid on the sand. Like what.

I sighed and made my way over to the tiny girl. I lifted her chin, examining her face,

"Why'd you just come out from the water? Ain't you got a place to stay safe?" I squeezed her cheeks with my hand.

"Wadsh juu gyu mween?" She muffled back, "fuu arr gyu anyeshwaii?"

"You aint suppos' to be here, ya know? A girl like you should be up over there far way from this mess," I pointed to the hills behind me barely seen through the clouds. She squinted her eyes at it,

"Thash Mountwaain? Thash ish a mountwaain?" Her eyes widening with a glint of sparkle. I could feel the sweat drip from my forehead.

"You haven't seen a mountain before? Yeah those are mountains, what else could they be? Got amnesia or somethin'?"

The girl's eyes only sparkled more,
"Woahhhh, Ish sho kewll~"

Getting annoyed by her poor diction, I let go of her face and shoved my hands in the pockets of my loose gray pants. Halfway through the battle, I had abandoned my heavy armor to be able to fight more freely. It was kinda stupid really, fighting with horses and armor against harsh water.

The petite rubbed her cheeks to ease the pain before looking back up at me. She then looked all over her surroundings, taking in the view. Her eyes warmed a bit, a face that told that she was keeping something secret.

"Somethin' bothering you shrimp?" I asked, getting her attention. She jumped a little from thinking too much and stared back at my eyes,

"It's just... Wow, this is what she was living in, huh?"

"Uh, who?"

She shook her head,
"Ah... Nothing."

There was a pause, and the sound of the ocean waves clashing against the sand took over. The distant shouts of men from the fight seemed to be getting louder, along with the clanking of swords. I rubbed the back of my head, my long spiky hair let loose from the helmet.