Chapter 9

[Hello everyone! The RedBubble accounts are now set up and ready! Check out EternalLaughter (changed my username) and Yooniverse on RB! Your support is very much appreciated!

Music in the multimedia is: Synchronice- Rewind!

Enjoy the chapter!]

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 9

Reese's POV

The next two weeks have been interesting.

Whenever Ben does a Corrupted-killing, he always tells me about it. I think he over-exaggerates because, one time, he got his head decapitated and he swears it happened. I called bullshit on him.

That's not all he texts me for. Sometimes he just likes to tell me jokes, and late at night, too (why then of all times). When it's late at night, I either reply with pity L-O-Ls or with 'go the fuck to sleep's. He keeps sending me jokes anyway.

He's visited my apartment about four more times, two per each week that has passed. So far he hasn't been caught, and whenever Mom or Hunter comes close to confronting him, he just disappears in a burst of pixels again. He also keeps taking the liberty to take my bed over and over again. One time, I had to argue with him, then when words didn't work I just grabbed his ankles and pulled him off. After that he either sits on the floor or on my desk chair.

I've already had my stitches removed so I don't get weird stares anymore. Well, sort of. The scars are on my face are still there looking glazed over, and every now and then I catch someone staring. The scar on my side has healed nicely but it's still noticeable against my skin. Thankfully no one ever sees that one but me.

Today was a Tuesday. The cafeteria was alive with students walking in-between tables or chatting. Most of the noise was drowned out by my music, so I only paid attention to people moving about. After a few minutes, I got a lunch tray and sat at a nearby table with an empty side. As I was opening up a bottle of water, my phone buzzed and I checked it. A text from BEN.

-Hey! How'd your Stats exam go?? :D

As I propped my elbows on the table to text a reply, I noticed a few students at the table in front of me looking at me. When I glanced at them, they didn't really turn away like people usually do. Some did, others kept gawking, or snickering amongst themselves. With a huff, I turned my attention back to my phone to ignore them.

Just as I hit the Send button, a random girl sat in front of me. She propped her elbows on the table, holding her head up in a cute fashion--well, at least it would be cute to others. With her big, alluring eyes, she looked at me, and with her lip-glossed lips, she smiled at me. I kept giving her a blank expression.

"Hey, Reese, right?"

"Yeah..."

"I wanted to ask if you would like to come to a party this Saturday? There'll be drinks, and snacks, and no supervision." She giggles. "What do you say?"

I furrowed my brow and said, "Why are you suddenly inviting me?"

She pauses for a second before responding, "Well, to be honest, we want a bunch of people to come. Kinda wanna out-do another kid from Lexington High, you know? Anyway, wanna come?"