0.28

Rowen was walking through the dark forest with Hagrid, Harry, Ron and Hermione after the even. They had enjoyed a nice cup of tea with Hagrid before their walk. Rowen was running her hands along the tall plants that grew in the forest.

"So I remember, I remember when I first met you all. Biggest bunch of misfits I've ever set eyes on. Always reminded me of myself a little. And here we all are, four years later. Five for me and you Row." Rowen turned and smiled before spinning on the ball of her foot. She was barefoot, something she had always enjoyed.

"We're still misfits."

"Maybe. But we've all got each other, and Harry of course. Soon to be! The youngest! Tri-wizard champion there's ever been! Hooray!" he started singing the Hogwarts song, Hermione soon joining in. Rowen missed when Harry was holding onto his head, she wasn't even paying attention to where she was going and tripped over something. She looked around confused before her eyes met the body of Barty Crouch laying against a tree. She screamed loudly and looked up at Harry. While Harry went to talk to Dumbledore, Rowen went back to the Common Room and showered. She had been crying and she just wanted to wash the feeling of tripping over a dead body off her skin. 

The last task had arrived. Rowen was standing next to Cedric and his father. Cedric had his arms around Rowen's waist.

"I know you want Harry to win. But can even ten percent of you want me to win?"

"I'll give you a solid seven percent." Rowen said with a smile.

"I can deal with seven percent." Cedric kissed her and pulled away, "now go to your cousin. I'll see you once I get out of the maze." Rowen kissed him again before going to Harry, she hugged her cousin tightly.

"I'm betting on you, Harry. Better not make me lose." she said with a smile. Dumbledore emerged.

"Earlier today Professor Mood placed the tri-wizard cup deep within the maze. Only he knows its exact position. Now as Mr. Diggory..." the crowd cheered loudly and his father raised his hand above his head, "and Mr. Potter tied for first position they will be first to enter the maze. Followed by Mr. Krum." the Bulgarian crowd go insane at his name, "and then Ms. Delacour. The first person to touch the cup will be the winner. I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter, if at any point should a contestant wish to withdraw from the task he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands. Contestants, gather round." Rowen gave Harry a final hug before sitting next to Hermione and Ron in the stands.

"Champions! Prepare yourselves." Cedric hugged his father and looked back at Rowen, as if study her fast in the event of something tragic."

"On the count of three...one..." the cannon goes off and they all look back at Mr. Filch who just shrugged. Dumbledore groaned. Harry and Cedric enter the maze through different entrances. The entrances closed behind both of them. Rowen took a deep breath and hoped for the best. A red spark was in the air and Fleur came out. Viktor was next to come out and that just left Harry and Cedric. A tightness settled into her chest, she was nervous. More nervous than she should be. She had a terrible feeling that something was happening and she worried for both of their lives. 

Finally they both popped up. Rowen rushed forward to her cousin. But was stopped by the crowed.

"Harry! Harry!" she heard Dumbledore's panicked voice and she pushed forward. She saw Harry covering Cedric's body with his own, "tell me what happened!"

"He's back, he's back! Voldemort's back. Cedric, he asked me to bring his body back. I couldn't leave him, not there." Rowen had tears streaming down her face and kneeled next to Harry taking him into his arms. He cried into her, Rowen tried not to look at Cedric's body.

"It's alright Harry. It's alright, he's home, you both are."

"Keep everybody in their seats. A boy had just been killed. The body must be moved Dumbledore, there are...too many people." Fudge said

"Let me through! That's my son!" Rowen heard Cedric's father's voice and that caused her to cry more, "my boy!" he broke down wailing and cradled his son in his arm. Mad-Eye took Harry from Rowen's arm and pulled him away from her. She was immediately taken into the arms of someone else and looked up the see George's face.

"It's okay." he repeated over and over again. He held onto tightly, eventually picking her up easily and following the instructions of Dumbledore to go back to their common rooms. 

Two days following Rowen sat next to Harry in the Assembly room, they were holding a service for the students for Cedric. Harry held onto Rowen's hand as she cried.

"Today we acknowledge a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was as you all know, exceptionally hard working, intricately fair minded. And most importantly a fierce, fierce friend. I think therefore you have a right to know exactly how he died. You see, Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort. The Ministry of Magic does not wish me to tell you this. But not to do so I think would be an insult to his memory. Now the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me, reminds us that while we may come friend different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events the bonds of friendship we made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain, you remember that. And we'll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest and brave and true right to the very end."

Rowen stood outside of Hogwarts watching Hermione and Viktor say goodbye to one another. She stood next to Harry and Ron. Fleur and her sister approach Ron, kissing his cheeks goodbye. Hermione came over to them.

"Do you think we'll ever just have a quiet year at Hogwarts?"

"Not until Harry kills Voldemort." Rowen said in a solace tone. She looked at her friends who gave her a look. Harry squeezed her hand tightly.

"Everything's going to change now isn't it?" Hermione asked.

"Yes."

"Promise you'll write this summer. Both of you. I always receive letters from Rowen. But I want you both to do better."

"Well I won't. You know I won't." Ron said

"Harry will won't you?"

"Yeah. Every week." Harry said. They all turned and looked over the balcony, the flying horses pulling the carriage of in the distance. The Bulgarians' ship goes underwater like the way it arrived. Rowen wondered how things were going to change now and imagined that she'd have to fight that much more to stay alive now that Voldemort was officially back. She leaned into Harry and sighed.