Part One: Chapter One

PART I

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆☽Ⓛ❈Ⓒ☾⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

Myra's POV.

'When I said move in, I didn't mean use the whole house as a storage unit. Seriously, you have so much stuff.'

My brother, Nate, grumbles behind me as we carry the last of my boxes up to my new room.

'Oh, shut up, there really isn't that much.' I nudge the door open with my foot and set the box down on the floor. 

Nate follows me in and drops his box down, causing me to glare at his carelessness.

'So, do you need help unpacking?' He asks sarcastically, gesturing at the numerous boxes stacked around my room.

'Fine, you get out clothes, just put them in a pile, I'll hang them up later,' I order him as I get to work on putting my bedding on the mattress.

'Fucking hell, my eyes!' Nate shouts, making me jump and put my hand over my heart.

'What is it?' I ask, spinning around to see him leaning against the wall. 

He pinches the bridge of his nose between two fingers whilst he exhales loudly.

'Unpack the rest of your shit on your own, if I ever see anything like that again, I'm telling Mum and Dad,' he complains and stomps out of the room, mumbling about his eyes as he goes.

I frown and go over to the box he has opened. Lying on top of my clothes is Kevin, my 6"5 inch glittery pink vibrator.

Oops.

I burst out laughing and quickly put him in the chest of drawers Nate has put up for me.

Well, what does he expect? I'm single!

About three hours later, the room is finally looking like my own. Only a couple of boxes left and I can finish unpacking those tonight.

'Nate, I'm sorry alright I –' 

He cuts me off by holding up his hand.

'I don't want to talk about it Myra, it's freaking me out enough already. Now, what do you want for dinner?' He asks as he opens the fridge. 

I roll my eyes and look over his shoulder at the empty shelves.

'We need to go shopping, you have no food.' I sigh and grab my handbag and car keys.

'Come on, dickhead,' I shout and open the front door, unlocking my VW beetle as I step onto the drive.

My brother is twenty-four years old, and despite him only being two years older than me, he has been protective over me my whole life, but I like it. We have always been close, but recently he went through a tough time, his girlfriend broke up with him and it really hurt him. 

My parents offered him one of their rental houses about two hours away from our city, a new town and a new start. They thought it'd be a great idea for us to live together. I agreed because Nate has recently got a job working nights at a highway maintenance company so I won't see him much. 

It's not that I don't love him, but I doubt many women want to live with their immature brother.

Nate is special in a lot of ways, but what is particularly special about him is that he's a wolf. My mother is a wolf, and my father was a human, until Mum marked him and he changed. Nate was born with the wolf genes and gets to shift and have a mate and stuff, and I'm stuck being a boring human.