Chapter Forty-Eight

|Danaë|

"Damn girl, watch my knee," Myles complained as I propped his knee up on a pillow. I rolled my eyes at him before taking his shoes off. He had been released from the hospital two days ago, and since his sister was out of town, and his brother was running the streets, Myles didn't have any one to look after him. Icy didn't want him to be left alone with a bum leg, so he volunteered me to take care of him. I resisted at first but then he offered me a stack a day so I was all in after that.

"If you would be still then, your knee wouldn't hurt Myles," I said with an attitude. He frowned at me before roughly smacking my hand off his knee. I looked at him surprised before moving off the bed. Myles had this vindictive look on his face, one I never even knew he had.

"I was being still, look you aggravating the fuck outta me. Just get out and gimme a minute to myself," Myles stated harshly. I frowned at him before throwing a pillow at him and leaving out the room, being sure to slam the door. I heard him yell at me on the other side of the door, but I simply ignored him.

We had made it official last night, and he was already getting on my nerves. I didn't know how to act in a relationship with someone like him. One minute he's mad, then the next he wants a kiss. I'm starting to think he's worse than Peanut. I understood that him not being able to do things for himself was frustrating, but that doesn't mean that he has to be an asshole to his brand new girlfriend.

I scrolled down my Instagram timeline, and saw a birthday selfie of Mónéy and some light skin girl. I rolled my eyes and decided that I wasn't going to be petty today. I went to her comments and told her happy birthday. She responded back almost immediately, with a thank you and asking for my number. I went to her DM and gave it to her. As soon as I sat my phone on the counter, it started to ring.

"You are way beyond petty Mónéy," I let her know as I walked over the the refrigerator. She scoffed before talking.

"It that how you greet the birthday girl, little miss rudeness. And how am I petty, y'all the ones who haven't called and checked on me for days. I could've been dead in the damn ditch or something," she stated dramatically. I took a apple out the refrigerator before twisting my lips up. Mónéy was so over dramatic.

"Well I did try to call yo ass, you just didn't answer. I stopped calling once I realized that I was on the block list," I admitted to her. She chuckled nervously, causing me to smirk.

"Yea, well if y'all didn't piss me off, I would've never put y'all on the block list," she mumbled. I heard movement coming from Myles bedroom but I ignored it, he probably was trying to get comfortable. "Anyways I didn't call you for all that. I called to invite you to my lit ass party that's happening tonight at eight. Girl I'm having live performances by A-BOOGIE, PnB Rock and you not going believe who else gonna be there," she said excitedly. I shrugged my shoulders like she could see me.

"I don't know, but I'm sure your going to tell me. Aye and I probably won't be able to make it if Kilo's going to be there, you know I don't want to look at his ugly face after what Asia admitted to me," I stated.

"Girl to hell with Kilo, he and A-BOOGIE aren't really homies anymore. He found out that Kilo was using his credit card without his knowledge. But I'm still waiting on you to guess the celebrity guest, that's going to be performing at my party," she whined. I sighed and placed my hand to my head.

"Beyoncé?"

"Pshhh, I wish. Keep going."

"Drake?"

"Nope."

"Alicia Keys?"

"Guess again."