Chapter 21

I was with Maggie and Beth, when I saw the two remaining prisoners coming up. I believe their names are Oscar and Axel, but I'm not sure. Rick and Daryl went out to talk with them, while I stay inside. "What do you think their talking about?" Beth asked, watching the conversation. "They probably want to join us." I said and leaned against the wall. "Do you think we should?" I shrugged and looked back at the conversation.

After a while, Rick moved them outside the gate and everyone walked out into the courtyard. Daryl, Glenn, Rick went outside the fence to clear out some walkers, while the others stayed close to one another. "Dad?" I turned to see Hershel on some crutches and Maggie and Beth running up to him. I chuckled, while the others cheered and Daryl hushed Glenn. "Man, can't we just have one good day."

"Walkers!" I snapped my head to see Carl, Maggie, Lori, Carol, Beth, and Hershel trying to get away from walkers., Rick shouting at Lori to run. I quickly pulled out my pistol and ran forwards, aiming. I shot the walkers precisely as Rick, Daryl, and Glenn started after them. I caught up, covering them and saw Beth and Hershel. "Where's Maggie?" I called out and Beth called back. "She took the others into cell block C and T-dog got bit." I cocked the gun and fired at a walker's skull, then followed after Rick. A walker lunged for me and landed on top of me. I struggled to get up, trying to keep from being bit or scratched, when suddenly an arrow went through its skull. I pushed the dead walker off of me and grabbed Daryl's outstretched hand. He helped me to my feet, then looked me over, checking for bites. "I'm okay." I said weakly, trying to regain my breath. He nodded then went back over to Rick, with me behind him. An alarm went off and we spilt up to find the generators that Axel and Oscar knew about. I took Glenn and Oscar, while Daryl took Rick and Axel. As we went down hallway after hallway trying to find the generators, we finally found the room and ducked inside. Glenn moved past me and quickly tried to turn them off.

A gunshot went off behind me and I spun around to see Oscar, the corpse of one of the prisoners, Andrew, at his feet a bullet through his head. He looked at me as Daryl, Rick, and Axel rushed over to us and handed Rick the gun. Finally, Glenn shut down the alarm and we started clearing out the leftover walkers. Daryl stopped after shooting walkers that were eating at a corpse and I cringed. T-dog. He picked up a piece of cloth and showed it to me. "That belongs to Carol." I said softly. He shoved it in his pocket and we continued on, but I lightly touched his arm and gave him a sympathetic look. He looked at me sadly, then looked back in front of him as we made it back to the cell block.

Suddenly, I heard soft cries and Maggie appeared through a doorway, holding a small infant. Maggie's face was streaked with tears and she looked at Rick sadly. "Where...where is she?" Rick asked panicked. Maggie almost burst into tears and she looked at me, begging me. Rick started to move towards the door, but Maggie quickly stopped him. "Rick, don't, just please don't." She pleaded, but he pulled away. I walked over carefully, but at a quick pace and grabbed his arm. "Rick, please stop, please." He tried to pull away, but I grabbed him again and didn't realize the swing of his fist. He punched me in the face and I released my grip of his arm.

I regained myself and something came over me. In a quick, swift movement I had Rick against the wall, my gun was pointed at his head and his back was pressed to the wall, hands up next to his head. "Scarlett, think about what your doing." He tried to reason. "I'm not gonna kill you, Rick, but I will stop you. There's nothing in there, there is no use going in there, it won't help believe me. You need to be here. For this kid, for Carl, and for us." I said softly, but my gun was still pointed at his head. "You don't know that! You don't understand, none of you do!" I stepped forward as he tried to move. "I do know, because I made the mistake that you're trying to make and it ruined me, so I do understand Rick, I understand that your needed here, not there!" I shouted. Their bodies scattered the floor, they were burned and rotten. The air smelled of death and smoke, as my boots scrapped against the floors. They were all dead, all gone. However, two bodies were missing beside me and May, Diana and Leona. I looked at May, who noticed it too and signed to me. "Maybe they got out?" I shrugged and looked around the room.

"Scar!" I looked at Maggie and the others that had now joined her. They had their weapons pointed at me and I lowered my gun, sliding it across the floor. Beth picked it up and clicked the safety on. I glanced at Rick and walked away, Beth moving slightly out of my way.

I pulled another body to the pile and then moved to the next one. "Want some company?" Glenn asked. "I think I rather be alone." I hissed as I grabbed another body and dragged it over. "I don't think you should." Glenn said and grabbed another body, dragging it over. "Why, think I'm gonna commit suicide?" I said and he looked over at me. "No, I don't believe you would do that." Glenn said softly. "I saw the way they looked at me, I saw their fear. I don't belong here." I said and tossed the body. "That's not true." Glenn argued back. I scoffed and turned to look at him, then lit the pile on fire. "It's been a long day, Scar, we lost three people. People are stressed." I walked past him. "Actually, you lost four." He watched me as I walked back into the cell block, and entered my cell. I packed up my stuff and grabbed my bow.