[13] M&M World

Avery Holmes

The next morning, I woke up in huge bed. My body was covered with a white, fluffy sheet, and behind me were numerous pillows. I tried to sit up but realized that I was being held down in place by a pair of arms. I looked up to see Niall's chin and heard his faint breathing.

"You'd better be wearing clothes." I warned him.

"Move the cover and I guess you'll see." He laughed, his voice irregularly deep, like it always was in the mornings. He threw the covers off of us and I hid my face. "Relax! I'm wearing sweats."

In any other case, I would not be sleeping next to a boy. But for some reason, with Niall, I felt like I could be comfortable around him. There was still a part of me that worried about setting an example for Aimee, but I would explain these things to her when she got older.

I sighed, relieved that he didn't go commando when he slept. I cuddled into his bare chest (that I didn't really have a problem with) and closed my eyes again. He was really warm and comfortable to just lie with. I felt the sheet being moved back around my shoulders where they belonged and smiled.

"We're in New York City." I remembered out loud.

"Yeah." He sighed. "Today's gonna be a big day. I think I'm gonna take you to this cool restaurant place in Chinatown, and then we can walk around the city."

"Couldn't we get Chipotle? I dunno why, I'm just really craving Chipotle." I admitted.

"So far, you're a terrible tourist. But ya, Chipotle always sounds good." He said, sitting up and bringing me along with him. I knew that getting back to sleep now would be impossible.

"How're we going to get you a disguise?" I asked.

"We have some things in a storage room here, like I've got this sick wig. It's Liam's, but he won't mind." Niall said. "And I'll just wear something I've never worn, maybe get a fake beard." He seemed amused with the idea.

"Sounds good." I nodded, shifting around and cracking my back.

"That's how you get arthritis." Niall pointed out. I smiled up at him and chuckled.

Suddenly, I heard a familiar sound of feet against the ground outside the bedroom. Aimee seemed fine with staying on the big couch last night, so we left her there and decided to share the bed.

"Mommy?" She called out worriedly.

"In here, baby!" I called. Suddenly, I saw her tiny body in the hall running toward our big bed, a huge smile on her face. I felt a bit bad that my daughter saw me in bed with a guy, but it was just Niall.

Aimee did her best and tried to climb up onto the bed, but it took some assistance from Niall to finally get on the bed. She bounced on it a bit and then crawled over to me, laying down on my lap. She rubbed her eyes and looked up at me, frowning and pouting.

"What's the matter now?" I asked sarcastically.

"You didn't say our special thing! You didn't tuck me in." Her shoulders sank. I smiled and kissed her on the forehead.

"I love you to the moon." Aimee said.

"I love you to the moon and back, Aims. And look! We're in New York City!" I pointed to the balcony windows that gave us a clear view of the city and along the horizon, the bay. She frowned and then turned to me.

"How did we get here?" Aimee asked, rubbing her one eye.

"An airplane, and you missed the whole ride." Niall teased. She gasped and I hit him on the shoulder.