-41-

CHAPTER 41 | INVITATION

Pyro's P.O.V.

Since the run-in with Tasha and her pack of howlers, we all had this feeling that she will attack us, and she didn't care if we were her family. It was clear she wanted me dead and will kill anyone that gets in her way. Though she wants me dead, I had a feeling that she has other motives behind her actions.

On the other hand, Jesse wanted to tell his father, but somehow, my parents persuaded him to look the other way. Telling the alpha would surely put a bounty on Tasha's head for her actions. What my parents didn't want most was more members of the pack in our family business.

Within this time, my wolf went into heat, and I couldn't do much besides lock myself in my room. During those days in heat, my wolf's mind went wild. All she was think about is having sex and claimed by Jessie. Her vivid thoughts of me having the most intense sex with him haunt me. There were many nights I woke up screaming in horror,  covered in a cold sweat.

Those days in heat were the worst so far. Usually, it's just the cramps and the restless nights from her howling, but now she is having thoughts about Jesse.

As the last day of being in heat passed, I was fearful of what the next month would hold for me. Leaving my room for the first time since the first day of heat was like walking into a new world. I didn't know what to expect.

"What is going on here," I asked Ylva as she rearranges packages in the foyer, "looks like you are still popular, which is a good thing."

Dozens of different size packages line one side of the foyer. The packages seem to have doubled since I last saw them a week ago. I was beginning to think our house was a new post office.

"I see you're out of heat," she turns to me as she looks at the small package she held, "this and four other packages are mine."

"Then who-"

"Your name is on them," Ylva gestured to the wall of packages before moving next to me, "a lot has happened while you were locked in your room."

"They are not from Jesse, are they?" I whined.

"It seems like some of the high ranking wolves know about you and your wolf," she explains to me as she wraps an arm around my neck. "A lot of people saw you walking into the bonfire and talking about it nonstop. Word got to some of the high ranking families within this pack, and they've been sending gifts all week long."

"Wh-What?"

"Some already figure that your wolf can get pregnant," she sat on the step as she continues to talk, "which in turn makes you pregnant."

"That's not certain," I told her, completely cutting her off, "I can't picture having to go through that."

"Pyro, what if someone does claim you," she asked softly, looking at the package she held. "I mean, what if everything you don't want to happen happens?"

I didn't know how even to answer my sister. Maybe because I never thought about it because I never picture myself being able to be claimed as someone's mate. Now that this is all happening, there is some me 'what if' that pops up that I try to ignore as if that isn't a possibility.

"I..."

"Pyro, if it does happen and you become the mate of some hunky jock type, I will be there with you every step of the way," she said, moving to stand in front of me.

"Ylva..."

She smiled.

"Besides, I think you would have the cutest babies ever," she squealed as she jumped up and down in joy. "And we can go baby shopping if you do get pregnant!!!"