23.

The majority of the school was decked out in blue and white to support the first game of the baseball season. Student Council had made a giant banner that's hanging in the middle of the campus, wishing the baseball players good luck at their game. The school encouraged that everyone comes out to all the home games for every team to show unity and support. 

"Hey North Shore, you guys are looking awesome decked out in blue and white to support the boy's baseball team today. We hope to see many of you right after school for the game. It's going to be a good game as the boys take on Tustin," Lennen said, reading the announcements to the school during Student Council. "Also, don't forget that this Friday is the first game for for our lacrosse teams. The boys will be at home, playing Irvine. If you come to school dressed in beach or aloha clothes, you won't have to wear your polos. See you guys at the games!" She signed off and got to work on finishing touches for Senior Week and Senior Prom with Margo. 

Lennen, Sawyer, Adley, and Ellis made their way to the baseball field after the dismissal bell rang, ready to support their friends. Jonas, Cruz, and Dorian were all on the field, warming up, standing respectively in their outfield positions. Margo and Miles were at swim practice, and Holden was at lacrosse practice. 

The girls found a place to sit, as they watched the area fill up with students, ready to show some school spirit. "I can't believe how many people are here," Sawyer says, as they continue to watch the crowd grow. There had to be close to one hundred students waiting for the game to start. Lennen smiled as she saw the students filing in the field area in groups.

A student from Tustin walked up to plate, signalling that the game was starting. The girls and the rest of the students watched intently, anticipating how the game was going to go. The pitcher winds up, throws the ball, and ends up striking the first hitter out. The following two hitters ended up like the first. The North Shore students clapped, and watched their guys run off the field, getting ready to bat. 

Dorian was up first, getting a hit right away, and he ran to second base. After Dorian was a junior that Lennen didn't recognize, but he was good. He hit a triple, sending Dorian home. The four girls cheered louder than everyone else as Dorian hit home plate. He pointed at them and laughed as he walked to dugout, high-fiving his teammates. Following the junior was Cruz, who hit a single, leaving the junior on third base.  

Jonas walked up to the plate and every North Shore student started cheering louder than anyone could expect, causing the Tustin players to send glares in their direction. Lennen watched in anticipation, sure that Jonas wasn't going to disappoint. Everyone sat in silence as the Tustin pitcher threw the ball, and watched Jonas swing, hitting over the fence, making everyone errupt in cheers. Lennen stood up, with the biggest smile on her face, and clapped as Jonas ran around the bases. When he got back to home plate, he sent a wink to Lennen, sending her into giggles. She gave him two thumbs up as he walked back into the dugout, being greeted by his ecstatic teammates. 

In the end, the score came out in North Shore's favor, 11-3. Everyone started to clear out, but the girls waited around for their friends, who were talking with the coach and then started cleaning up the field. Cruz and Dorian had walked up the steps, joining their friends, who immediately congratulated them on their amazing win. "We're so proud of you guys. I think this was the best first game for the baseball season we've ever had," Ellis tells them, hugging both the guys. The other three girls nodded in agreement. Lennen looked around, wondering why Jonas wasn't with them yet. 

"He's talking to the coach. He should be up soon," Cruz tells Lennen when he notices her looking around. "After today's game, coach really thinks Jonas should consider baseball as his future for college and so on. He says he has so much potential."

"I don't know how he's gonna decide," Lennen finally chimes in. "He's so passionate about both sports, and he really is struggling. I honestly think he isn't going to have a decision until graduation." 

"And what about you? You haven't decided on a college either," Adley responds. She was really rooting for Lennen and Jonas, as they both really deserved to be happy. 

"I think I'm going to stay in California. The majority of you guys are staying in California, and I would miss you so much." Lennen was starting to lean more towards going to Stanford, but she still wasn't entirely sure on that choice. 

Jonas couldn't hide his smile as he heard Lennen say that she was going to choose Stanford and stay in California. He wouldn't know what he would do if she had chosen Yale or Harvard, as she would be almost three thousand miles away. 

"Ah, there's the man of the hour," Dorian greets Jonas, as he walks up to the group, wrapping an arm around Lennen's shoulder, pulling her close to him. In response, she wraps both her arms around his torso, leaning her head on his shoulder.

"What was your coach saying?" Adley asks, curious about her cousin's future. It was obvious he was gifted with talent, but he was a little lost, and she was just hoping he would figure it out soon. 

"A lot of schools have been contacting him, asking about me and what I was planning on doing with my future," Jonas tells the group. Lennen looks up at him with a smile on her face, incredibly proud of the news. "I love soccer, but I think I've decided to focus on baseball on college. Now, I just have to decide on a school." 

"That's awesome, man. Congrats," Cruz says. He was happy that Jonas was finally choosing a path to go down, as this was something he had been stuck on for almost a year and a half now. He knew it that this was a tough choice for Jonas, but either way Jonas was going to have a bright future ahead of him.  

"That's amazing, Jonas. We couldn't be happier for you," Adley congratulates. She was so proud of her cousin, and she couldn't wait to see what he was going to accomplish in college and after that. 

The group eventually dispanded, having to get home to eat dinner and start homework, leaving Lennen and Jonas at the baseball field. "I am honestly so proud of you, Jonas. With today's game and on deciding your plans for your future. I know you have so much potential and you're going to be amazing." Lennen had no doubt that Jonas was extraordinary in anything he put his mind to. He could accomplish just about anything, and she couldn't wait to see where he's going to go. 

"Thank you for being there for me, through everything." Jonas was incredibly lucky to have Lennen. She kept him grounded, and always made sure he was focused and on the right path. She cared deeply for him, and he was grateful for everything she did for him. "Do you have to go home? Or can we spend some time together?" 

"Well, Oliver texted me saying that practice was running a little late, so I have to wait for him," Lennen answers. She didn't let Jonas respond before she placed her lips on his, wrapping her arms around his neck, pulling him closer to her. Jonas sets his hands on her hips, kissing back. He was a little surprised, as Lennen was really never one for PDA, usually only keeping it to hand-holding. Occasionally, she would throw in a kiss on the cheek or quick a peck. 

"Wow, in public and everything," Jonas laughs, as they pull away to catch their breath. 

"Well, there's no one around, so we're pretty much alone," Lennen smirks, but couldn't help but laugh. She grabbed Jonas' jersey and pulled him back to down, reattatching their lips. 

"Woah, okay. I did not need to see that," Oliver says, shielding his eyes. He was just starting to warm up to the idea of Jonas being with his sister, after seeing how happy they had been the last few weeks. Lennen rolls her eyes after she breaks away from Jonas, not believing that her brother would act that immature. "Can we go home?"

"Yeah, dinner will probably be cold by the time we get there," Lennen jokes. She says goodbye to Jonas and kisses him one last time before heading off to her car with Oliver. Jonas stands still, watching her drive away before walking to his car and heads home.