Angry Mother

The next morning has arrived and my body is as sore as ever. That fight really took a toll on my body. It was a good learning experience, though. Painful, but informational. I glumly got up and prepared for the day, dreading all the training I will have to do today at school.

"Guten morgen, (Y/n)! I hope you like vanilla french toast for breakfast!" My mother greets me as I sat at a seat at the counter. Just sitting down is painful. God could only imagine how painful training will be.

"Why the german?" I say with a raspy morning voice. The food was pretty good as well. She never makes stuff like this.

"Why not?" She shrugs in response and went back to doing whatever she was doing previously.

"Good morning, princesses." Father enters the room by walking down the stairs with a lively vibe. My mother glares at him coldly for a split second before bursting out into a huge smile.

"Good morning, honey! I just made (Y/n) breakfast, care to have any?" She beams.

"No thank you. I have somewhere to be today. Duty calls, right?" He chuckles.

"Yeah, if duty is betraying your family and breaking your daughter's heart by taking away her best friend." She mutters very softly under her breath, taking out a knife to cut items.

"What was that, darling?" My father retrieves his hat from the closet.

"Nothing, honey." Gritting her teeth out of absolute frustration, she cuts whatever she was cutting harder.

"By the way, where is that boy? He was here before I left for America."

"That 'boy'? Who are you talking about?" I ask with a mouthful of french toast.

"You know, Mitsuru. He's your-" The man starts but was cut off by the angry screams coming from my mother unexpectedly.

"Do not even dare to speak of his name ever in this household. " She points the knife towards him with bloodlust in her eyes. My, is she really that upset? "You know perfectly well why he isn't here. We also agreed never to speak of him. Do you just want to piss me off?"

"..." He smirks slightly.

"Mom, please don't point knives! And what is this you are speaking of? What must I not know?" Taking the knife out of her hands, I panic. This isn't like her.

"...Nothing. Hurry off to school." After taking a deep breath and regaining her composure, she went back to her duties.

"Ah, okay." I didn't even dare to question her after she got that upset.

<><><><>

"Let's see here...Right. Summer break is approaching quickly. But of course, it stands to reason none of you have enough leeway to relax for thirty." Mr. Aizawa takes a glance at a book of some sort as he speaks up.

"Could it be...!?" Kaminari gasps.

"We'll be going to a summer break forest lodge."

We all cheer as we finally get a break. This break makes me look forward to spending time with the others. The scary thing was that if we were to fail the end term exam, we are to be stuck in school. That's the last thing I want!

The school day dragged on dreadfully. The considerable pain prevented me to even write with my pencil. Perhaps I'm being a bit dramatic. Anywho, it was finally time to leave the school and I couldn't be more zealous. The dynamic trio had asked me if I wanted to walk with them, but I politely declined. It was far too hot and I was far too tired to be around that group who are usually full of energy. Instead, I decided to be with someone who doesn't have as much.

Todoroki!

As I approached him I remembered my mother's theory. Is that theory merely a conspiracy? From what happened this morning, I doubt that my mother was lying about this. It's rare for her to become upset and it's rare for her to even consider her loved ones as enemies. Especially her own husband.

"Hello, Todoroki. Wanna walk home together?" Let's experiment, shall we? I would like to see my father's true colors. I know that Todoroki, being the gentleman he is, would walk me home first before going home on his own. How will my father react and how will my mother react to my father's reaction?

"Sure. Let's walk quickly, though. It's hot." He agrees. The two of us walked lively to my house in this summertime heat. It was actually very tiring. Once we arrived, I unlocked my door.

"Hey, do you wanna stay a bit since it's so hot outside? It will give it a chance for the weather to cool down. My parents won't mind." A cool draft kicks me in my face and I loved every second of it. Now I can see why our electricity bill is so high.

"Okay. By the way, you said parents? Does that mean your dad is finally home?" He steps inside the house and removes his shoes.

"Yes, he is home. Well, I'm not sure if he is here at the moment." I follow Todoroki and take off my shoes as well. As soon as that was over, the two of us sat on the couch nearby. "Besides, I don't think you would like to meet him." I hint.

"I see." He mutters. "He can't be as bad as your mother, right? She's a total nutjob."

"Trust me, he's worse."

"How so?"

"He just is."

"...As you wish."

<><><><>

[A/n]

Such a delayed and boring chapter...I'm sorry! The story is slowly reaching the climax, so please wait as I try to interpret my thoughts and ideas into words. I hope you enjoyed this boring chapter! See ya!