Sixteen

Okay, updated twice in less than 24 hours. Ya happy? I hope so. I like this chapter much better than the last one. 

Also, I wanted to point out that I timed how long it would take to get notifications after I uploaded a chapter. Yesterday, I got three notifications not even SIXTY SECONDS AFTER I UPLOADED WHAT THE HECK 

I love you guys so much. 

I feel like including songs I listened to while writing this chapter( lol I'm really just procrastinating writing two papers): 

fallingforyou // the 1975 (aka bae) 

Somebody Else // the 1975

Most other the 1975 songs 

Puppy Dog Eyes // Ida Laurberg

This Chapter has a bit more relationship fluff bc I'm a hopeless romantic who is craving a bf right now sorry. But, don't think that Dominic is all of a sudden a perfect partner yet. There's still problems he has to deal with, ones that you guys haven't seen yet ;) 

So please enjoy the fluff! I love you guys. Also this story is kinda (not really) close to 100k. 

Chapter Sixteen

Dominic had a knowing, wicked grin on his face. He had found my weakness. Making friends. We were standing just outside the dining room, where we could hear his pack conversing loudly. He wanted me to sit with other women my age and get to know them, create some friendships while Alfie and I worked our stuff out.

"If this is what it takes to make you be quiet, I need to get you in public more often," Dominic teased. When he saw how my brows furrowed, he kissed my temple gently. "Caroline, you'll be just fine. I'll be only a few feet away and if you decide you're done conversing, you can sit with me again."

"I don't really do 'girl talk' though. I never have. I haven't had a real 'girl' friend in years. Too much estrogen," I muttered.

He cupped my chin and made me look at him. "One last kiss for good luck." It wasn't a request. It was an order. With a dramatic sigh, I let him kiss me before he confidently strolled into the dining hall.

"Good morning, everyone," he greeted.

I trudged in after him, playing with my hair nervously as everyone greeted him back. Dominic nodded at a group of women on the opposite end of the table. "Your Queen will be joining you today, and I expect the utmost respect for her. She's a little nervous."

I shot him a glare. What the hell? He wasn't supposed to tell them. That would only fuel their ridicule of me. He motioned his head again, this time his eyes challenging me to stay put. "I hate you," I whispered so only he could hear before obeying.

"Hi, ladies," I said politely when I got to their side of the table. All of their eyes snapped up to me, their conversations ending abruptly. "Can I sit with you?"

One girl with jet black hair and brown eyes snorted. "Do we have a choice?"

My unease grew. "Oh. O-of course you have a choice. I just thought it'd be nice to meet the women like me-"

"Like you?" the same girl cackled.

Another girl, this time with mousy brown hair and green eyes gasped. "Raven, knock it off. You're being awful. Alpha Dominic will be in a rage if he heard-"