0.31

Rowen sat in the cart on the Hogwarts Express with the twins. She laid across the bench and looked over at the twins who were talking about something new they were creating. They talked about who was going to be the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher.

"The only good one we've had is Remus. But Snape had to ruin that for us by telling people he was a werewolf." Rowen complained. When they got into the school, they were sitting in the carriage and Rowen leaned into George, "I wish it were my final year here. I'm ready to be done with this place. It's getting more and more depressing as time goes on. But I imagine it's been leading up to this. Harry against Voldemort. I'll be lucky if I make it out alive, seeing as we are related and I'd imagine Voldemort would be smart enough to use me to get to Harry."

"Please don't say stuff like that. I couldn't imagine not seeing you everyday." George said looking down at her. He kissed her forehead and she smiled. She felt normal when she was around George, like old times. Before she let it slip that she liked him. But now things were different, it had been nine months since he had revealed that he was in love with her. They hadn't moved forward in their relationship except hugs. But Rowen didn't mind that. 

At the feast Harry told him about Luna Lovegood who was in Ravenclaw and how she had been in the same carriage that he, Hermione, Ron, and Neville were in. 

"I know here. I've seen her in the library. She is really smart. A bit out there so people think she's crazy. But she's not." Rowen said before taking a bite of chocolate take that had been provided. People stayed away from Harry, except his friends that believed him about Voldemort. He looked over at Seamus and sighed. 

"Good evening, children." Dumbledore said, the students in the Great Hall stopped talking and turned their attention to the Head Master, "now, we have two changes in staffing this year. We're pleased to welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank, who will be taking Care of Magical Creature while professor Hagrid is on temporary leave." Rowen looked over at Harry in confusion as to where the half-giant was, "we also wish to welcome our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Delores Umbridge. And I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the Professor good luck. As usual, our caretaker, Mr. Filch, he has asked me..."  Rowen looked at the insane woman in too much pink like she was crazy when she cleared her throat interrupting Dumbledore. She stood and walked over 

"She was at my hearing. She works for Fudge." Harry told Rowen.

"Thank you, Headmaster, for those kinds words of welcome. And how lovely to see all your bright, happy faces smiling up at me. I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends." Umbrage said.

"That's likely." Fred and George said at the same time, earning a smile from Rowen. Umbridge must've heard them because she gave them both an annoyed look.

"The Ministry of Magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be a vital importance. Although each headmaster has brought something new to this historic school...progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged." Rowen sighed and looked over at the twins. The sixth year student who had the year prior gotten Outstandings on all her OWLs felt like this year she would not move any further in her training because of what Umbridge was saying to the school, "let us preserve what must be preserved, perfect what can be perfected and prune practice that ought to be prohibited." she chuckled and Rowen felt like slamming her head on the table. She went over and sat back down. 

"Thank you, Professor Umbridge. That really was most illuminating." Dumbledore said clapping.

"Illuminating..?" Ron asked, "what a load of waffles."

"Row, what does that mean?" Harry asked her, she looked at her cousin.

"It means the Ministry is stepping in at Hogwarts and we are going to be learning a load of rubbish."

George sat as close to Rowen as he could get in the common room and it was beginning to annoy the girl.

"If you sit any closer, you're going to be on my lap."

"Maybe I want you on my lap, ever think of that?"

"Is that really the line you're going with George?" Rowen asked smiling at him, "you're a mess." she stood up and looked over to where Seamus and Harry were talking, "this is gonna be good."

"Dean, Seamus, good holiday?" Harry asked.

"All right. Better than Seamus' anyway." Dean told Harry, Seamus sat down the Daily Prophet he had been reading prior to when Harry walked in. Rowen walked over to Harry and stood next to him when Seamus started getting closer.

"Me mum didn't want me to come back this year."

"Why not?"

"Let me see--uh, because of you." Rowen let out a breath of air and looked over at George who was sitting on the back of one of the couches watching everything, Fred beside him, "the Daily Prophet's been saying a lot of things about you, Harry, you too Rowen, and about Dumbledore as well."

"What, and your mum believes them?"

"Well, nobody was there the night Cedric died." Seamus said.

"Oh, well, I guess you should read the Prophet then, like your stupid mother." Harry said, "it'll tell you everything you need to know."

"Don't you dare talk about my mother like that."

"I'll have a go at anyone that calls me a liar."

"What's going on?" Ron asked coming into the common room. Rowen had realized she had stepped closer to Seamus and Harry pulled her back.

"He's mad is what's going on. Do you believe the rubbish he's come out with about You-Know-Who?"

"Yeah, I do. Does anyone else got a problem with Harry?" no one said a word and Harry ran up the stairs, Ron following behind him. Seamus turned around and went to talk to Dean. Rowen looked at George who was only shaking his head over and over again. She went over to Seamus and tapped him on the shoulder, he turned around and Rowen reared back with her fist and connected it to his face.

"Talk about him again and I'll make your life a living hell." Rowen said before going over to stand in front of George, "that was fun."

"You're a nutter. But I adore it." George said pulling her into a hug. She smiled.

"Oh look, there's a smile. Those are rare to see these days." he whispered to her.

"Shut up."