Chapter 19- Unanswered Questions

I'm so sorry for the long wait... Thank you to everyone who stuck with me through that long break!!♥
This is only a filler chapter, the next chapter should be up by Wednesday!!!

******************************************

*Keyanna*

"I'll be right back," I told Kimberly as I stood up from the couch, headed towards our room. I was going to get my phone off the charger because we were supposed to be leaving with Denzel some time soon. I didn't know what we were going to do, but I wasn't complaining. It was the perfect excuse to get out of the house.

It had been one week since I first talked to Ace. That day, when Mel and I finally got to the trap, he made up a horrible excuse that was completely unbelievable. Of course August saw straight through his lies, and they had a big argument. August got mad because he knew Mel was lying, but Mel stuck with his excuse. August had even got mad at me for not telling him the truth. He stopped talking to both of us for a few days. Those days were torturous to me. It was so hard not talking to August. I was only one silent treatment away from telling him everything I knew. He finally started talking to me again, but him and Mel had only muttered a few words to each other since that day. They were so close and I hated seeing them act this way.

I was still contemplating on wether or not I should help Ace. A part of me is eager to get Huey away from me, but another part of me wants to avoid all drama. I would have to keep everything a secret from August, and in the end I would just feel guilty. I wasn't sure if it was worth it.

"You goin' somewhere with them niggas?" I heard a voice ask from behind me. I turned around and looked at Huey standing in the doorway. I was shocked to see him. For the past few days he was always gone and when he was here, he stayed in my mom's room. I was thankful that he hadn't tried anything else with me. I guess I took to long to answer because an angry look appeared on Huey's face as he took a few steps closer to me.

"Answer my question," he spoke loudly. I didn't know how to answer him. I was too scared to tell him the truth, so I had to quickly come up with a believable lie.

"No just me and Kim, i'm taking her to the park," I responded. I looked up at him to see what his reaction would be.

"Change of plans baby girl," Huey said as he roughly grabbed my arm, pulling me closer to him. I panicked at the feel of his hand on my arm, and before I could stop myself, my fist connected with his jaw. I immediately regretted my actions. He let go of my arm and I took a few steps back. I was petrified. I had no clue what his next move would be, but I knew that I had made a big mistake. For a few seconds, it seemed as if time was standing still.

"Damn, you hit like a man," Huey mumbled while holding his jaw. He rubbed the side of his face, and took a deep breath before coming towards me. I carefully watched his every move. When he was within arms reach, I braced myself for whatever would happen next.

I nearly doubled over in pain from the unexpected blow to my stomach. I was prepared to be hit in my face, but not my stomach. He hit me 3 more times before he finally took a pause. I used this as my opportunity to strike back. With the little energy I could muster up, I began to swing at him. I managed to get in a few good hits to his eyes, and one more to his jaw before he starting fighting back. It only took one more excruciating blow to my side, before I fell to the ground. I was slowly rolling around in agony as Huey repeatedly kicked my back and sides. I managed to only shed a few tears, despite the horror I was enduring. The pain was slowly becoming unbearable. Each kick seemed to be 10 times harder than the previous one. My breathing was becoming shallow, due to the fact that every breath I took caused me even more pain.

"Did you really think you could get away puttin' yo' hands on me?" Huey asked menacingly. I was in too much pain to even make an attempt at answering his question. I didn't think that this would ever stop. He kicked over and over again, but he didn't look tired in the least bit. There was no telling how long this could go on.