23

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

You don't have to chase me anymore.

"Seriously, Miguel? Pinaghintay mo kami ng three hours!" I complained, rolling my eyes at him.

"Sorry, alright? Something came up. Hindi ko puwedeng pabayaan. Trabaho ko 'yon," he explained, climbing into the boat, barefoot of course, making sure to distribute our weight evenly.

Before we sailed out, we were comprehesively briefed on the safety measures to adhere while on the boat.

We were wearing life jackets just in case the boat tips over when we pulled out of the marina. Franco and Kylo were steering the boat. Umusog ako ng konti para makaupo si Miguel sa tabi ko.

"My sister won't understand the struggle of a working man," my brother said to Miguel, laughing at me.

Inis akong tumingin kay Ressler na pinagigitnaan ng dalawang babaeng nakasabit 'yong mga kamay sa braso niya. I rolled my eyes. "Usapan tayo-tayo lang, bakit nagdala ka ng mga babae mo?" I asked, showing off how annoyed I was.

He raised his brow at me. "You should have brought Zild with you."

"Oh crap. Aren't we done about Zild? You always bring his name up! Wala ka na bang ibang masabi?" I am really pissed off with this man.

"Enough, you two. Chill lang. Para kayong mag-asawang nag-aaway," awat sa 'min ni Franco.

Napakagat ako sa labi ko nang sabihin 'yon ni Franco.

Okay, para talaga akong baliw. Galit ako pero hindi ko maiwasang kiligin kahit wala namang nakakakilig.

The scenery was very beautiful. We were all enjoying the cool breeze coming off of the sea and learning the basics of sailing when Ressler decided to ask us if we wanted to try jumping off the water. We were so happy that after we began, we don't know how to stop.

It was simply too much fun. We needed to sit up on the edge of the vessel, grasp the edge, and have two individuals clutch my lower legs.

After setting up, I leaned back and dunk my head into to water while the boat is moving and tried to see how long I could hold my breath.

While I'm trying to hold my breath under water, I can feel some hands wrapping around my feet. Napaangat ako bigla mula sa tubig and there I saw Ressler, holding my feet while smirking at me.

"Ano'ng trip mo?" I asked, splashing water on his face.

"Baka lang nagseselos ka sa mga kasama ko. Puwede ko naman na silang paalisin. Sabihin mo lang sa 'kin," he said habang kinikiliti ang paa ko. Oh sh*t. Napasipa tuloy ako ng malakas kaya nabitawan niya ang paa ko.

"No. Hindi nila kailangan umalis," I paused. "Because they have to see this." I pulled him closer to me, making him stunned.

I closed my eyes and gently brushed his lips with mine. Natigilan siya ng ilang segundo pero nang matauhan siya, he started kissing me back.

He wrapped his hands around my waist and deepened the kiss. I played with his hair and kissed him hard until we ran out of breath.

We pulled away and looked at each other's eyes. I flashed him a genuine smile.

"Remember when I told you I'm giving up on you because I'm already tired of chasing you?" I asked him, he didn't answer. He just stared at me and waited for the next thing I'd say.

I gave him a soft kiss on his cheek. "I lied."

Hindi mawala sa labi ko ang ngiti ko. Nakakagaan pala talaga na sabihin sa kanya 'yong mga bagay na ganito.

"I won't give up on you, Ressler."

I was stunned when he pulled me closer to him and gave me a quick kiss on my lips. "I guess you should give up now," seryoso niyang sabi kaya napakunot ang noo ko. Magsasalita sana ako pero natigilan ako nang magsalita siya ulit.

"You don't have to chase me anymore, Tam. I'm not going anywhere . . ."